• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

How to publish MOSS 2007 farm

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Publishing] >> SharePoint Publishing >> How to publish MOSS 2007 farm Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How to publish MOSS 2007 farm - 24.Nov.2010 2:33:08 PM   
Broncos

Hi,

Currently we have a clustered 2006 ISA servers that are publishing a web site on a MOSS 2007 WFE server and it is working fine.

What we want to do is add a second WFE server to the farm and then publish the site via a farm so that if one WFE fails then the other will server the request.

Do we have to use NLB to cluster the 2 WFE or can we just publish the site to both WFE servers and then create the publish rule to allow user to access the site.  Not so worried about load-balancing but more redundancy.

Thanks,

Scott
Post #: 1
RE: How to publish MOSS 2007 farm - 24.Nov.2010 3:03:57 PM   
Jason Jones

Yes, the web server load balancing feature of ISA is better than NLB on the WFE's as it is application aware.

You will need to publish SharePoint using the farm option which might mean recreating your web publishing rule, depending upon how you set it up originally.

ISA web server load balancing will provide both load balancing and server fault tolerance, so is a good HA option.

Cheers

JJ

Jason Jones | Forefront MVP | Silversands Ltd
My Blogs: http://blog.msedge.org.uk/ and http://blog.msfirewall.org.uk/

(in reply to Broncos)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Publishing] >> SharePoint Publishing >> How to publish MOSS 2007 farm Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts