• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Users constantly being prompted for credentials

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> General >> Users constantly being prompted for credentials Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Users constantly being prompted for credentials - 26.Jul.2005 6:29:00 PM   
abcdefgh

Currently running Windows 2003 Server SP1 and ISA2004 with SP1. Clients are using Windows Authentication with the ISA Server and the ISA server authenticates in plain text with an upstream proxy (Netapp Netcache). Quite often users will be unable to access the internet and will get the following prompt "connect to 10.X.X.X - netcache" & then the users will be prompted for a username and password. The IP is the IP address of the local ISA Server. Another point to mention is generally this particular server has a slow link to the Netcache, either only dialup or a low speed satellite connection.

Does anyone have any idea why the users are being prompted, with Windows authentication they should not be prompted for a password at all. Is it possible that the slow link is causing a timeout between the ISA Server and Upstream Proxy? If so is there somewhere the timeout can be adjusted?
Post #: 1
RE: Users constantly being prompted for credentials - 26.Jul.2005 6:33:00 PM   
toddflash

This was posted a while back, I had the same problem with users (even myself) being prompted. Try this: http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;885683

Good Luck!

(in reply to abcdefgh)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> General >> Users constantly being prompted for credentials Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts