• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Sharepoint Publishing on ISA 2006

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 General] >> Installation and Planning >> Sharepoint Publishing on ISA 2006 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Sharepoint Publishing on ISA 2006 - 25.Jan.2011 6:26:10 AM   
MWeaver

Hi,

I am trying to make a reverse proxy rule work for my Sharepoint services, but have been unsuccessful. I am using the same box to access the internet (forward proxy) and it is integrated with Websense v7.1 - to do content filtering. The server is load balanced using F5 LoadBalance for HA purpose. This whole setup is sitting behind a firewall, and traffic for my sharepoint sites has been directed to the LB which contains the virtual IP of the load-balanced proxy servers. From the server, I am just using 1 NIC for my network interface, and I am expecting to utilise it for all the 3 roles ( forward, reverse and content filtering). Forward and content filtering has been successful while reverse proxy is not . Is there any suggestion by which I could culminate the above 3 roles and have my site published?

Thanks in advance
Post #: 1
RE: Sharepoint Publishing on ISA 2006 - 26.Jan.2011 3:28:15 AM   
Jason Jones

This scenario should be possible; can you share details or your ISA network configuration and the publishing rules you have created for SharePoint...

Can you reverse proxy anthing, or is it just SharePoint failing?

What errors do you get?

Cheers

JJ

Jason Jones | Forefront MVP | Silversands Ltd
My Blogs: http://blog.msedge.org.uk/ and http://blog.msfirewall.org.uk/

(in reply to MWeaver)
Post #: 2
RE: Sharepoint Publishing on ISA 2006 - 27.Jan.2011 5:55:51 AM   
MWeaver

Thanks for the reply. From the firewall, I direct the traffic for my sharepoint sites to my proxies virtual IP(load balancer IP), which then goes to the 2 proxy server (proxy1 & proxy2). From the proxy server, my publishing rule are as follows:

Action: Allow; From: Anywhere; To: <sitename>,IP address, Forward the original host header - ticked, Requests appear to come from the ISA Server computer - chosen; Traffic: HTTP,HTTPS; Public Name: Requests for the following Web sites - <site FQDN>; Authentication Delegation: No delegation, but client may authenticate directly; Bridging: Web server(chosen), Redirect requests to SSL port - 443 (ticked); Users: All Users; Link Translation: Apply link translation to this rule(ticked);
Web Listener configs { Networks: External, All Networks(and Local Host); Connections: Client Connection Type - Enable HTTP connections on port: 80(ticked), Enable SSL connections on port 443(ticked); Authentication: No Authentication; Certificates: Use a single certificate - <correct cert>

I have 2 publishing rules and for the 2 sharepoint sites for reverse proxy and so far none is working.

When I browse from external, I get a "The page cannt be displayed" error page. Technical information: Error Code: 403 Forbidden. The server denied the specified URL.

(in reply to Jason Jones)
Post #: 3
RE: Sharepoint Publishing on ISA 2006 - 27.Jan.2011 6:13:07 AM   
Jason Jones

That doesnt look like a publishing rule that was cretaed with the TMG SharePoint publishing wizard - correct?

Jason Jones | Forefront MVP | Silversands Ltd
My Blogs: http://blog.msedge.org.uk/ and http://blog.msfirewall.org.uk/

(in reply to MWeaver)
Post #: 4
RE: Sharepoint Publishing on ISA 2006 - 27.Jan.2011 7:07:07 AM   
MWeaver

I have not used TMG before so I dont know how the rule may look like. I am using the SharePoint publishing wizard in ISA 2006. Are you suggesting that I may be creating a rule from a wrong wizard?

Post #: 5
RE: Sharepoint Publishing on ISA 2006 - 27.Jan.2011 7:07:34 AM   
MWeaver

I have not used TMG before so I dont know how the rule may look like. I am using the SharePoint publishing wizard in ISA 2006. Are you suggesting that I may be creating a rule from a wrong wizard?

Post #: 6
RE: Sharepoint Publishing on ISA 2006 - 11.Oct.2011 3:06:25 AM   
shenglu

I direct my SharePoint site, my proxy virtual IP (the load balancer IP), then go 2 the proxy server (proxy1 Proxy2 issued) traffic. From the proxy server

Gadgets | Flash Memory

(in reply to MWeaver)
Post #: 7
RE: Sharepoint Publishing on ISA 2006 - 31.Dec.2011 12:53:00 AM   
jerry0503214

This scenario should be possible; can you share details or your ISA network configuration and the publishing rules you have created for SharePoint...

Can you reverse proxy anthing, or is it just SharePoint failing?

What errors do you get?

(in reply to shenglu)
Post #: 8
RE: Sharepoint Publishing on ISA 2006 - 1.Feb.2012 5:26:36 AM   
frobnitzz

Hi,

I notice your bridging to 443, is the certificate on SharePoint trusted by ISA and does the cert name (cn or san) match what your trying to reach? Also, what authentication are you using on SharePoint, Kerberos or NTLM?

The output from the 'test' button may help further diagnose.

hth
John Sutherland

(in reply to MWeaver)
Post #: 9

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 General] >> Installation and Planning >> Sharepoint Publishing on ISA 2006 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts