• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

sqlservr.exe and wspsrv.exe sucked all ram sources

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> General >> sqlservr.exe and wspsrv.exe sucked all ram sources Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
sqlservr.exe and wspsrv.exe sucked all ram sources - 26.Jan.2011 1:15:14 PM   
faraz_hamza

respected Seniors.
  i m using isa server 2004 on my core 2 quad pc 8400,  with 2 GB RAM, always my pc sucked my ram after 3 hours.
i reinstall my window server 2003 and again do installation of isa 2004 but again these two files sucked all ram sources.

sqlservr.exe 922,300k

wspsrv.exe 385,555k

is there any solution? why these files sucked all ram. how can i fix it? i have to install more ram on server?
Post #: 1
RE: sqlservr.exe and wspsrv.exe sucked all ram sources - 26.Jan.2011 2:58:28 PM   
Rotorblade

Hi,

You did not mention what version of SQL server you were using but take a look at the link below. Itís the nature "of the beast" and SQL will take all the memory available leaving you with nothing left in most cases on memory deprived systems. Adding more memory would be recommended but you can also tame the beast by controlling what memory SQL uses. You may have to experiment but I would recommend starting at no less than 512 mb. It going to depend on utilization with logging. The article below is for SQL express:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sqldatabaseengine/thread/df51cd87-68ce-439a-87fa-d5e5cd93ab31

Flat file logging is also an option - disabling SQL server engine in services (do not try to unistall!)

HTH

RB

David Melvin
Ohio
MCSE: Security 2003, MCSA:Security 2003

(in reply to faraz_hamza)
Post #: 2
RE: sqlservr.exe and wspsrv.exe sucked all ram sources - 26.Jan.2011 3:33:09 PM   
Rotorblade

Below is the KB on the issue......

Best regards,

RB

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/909636

David Melvin
Ohio
MCSE: Security 2003, MCSA:Security 2003

(in reply to faraz_hamza)
Post #: 3
RE: sqlservr.exe and wspsrv.exe sucked all ram sources - 27.Jan.2011 1:44:12 AM   
faraz_hamza

thx sir,

i used second method to decrease my RAM sources and its work i set it to 1100MB
realy thx for your help

May ALLAH give you more knowledge and happiness in your life.

(in reply to Rotorblade)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> General >> sqlservr.exe and wspsrv.exe sucked all ram sources Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts