• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

VPN \Performance issue

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Threat Management Gateway (TMG) 2010] >> General >> VPN \Performance issue Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
VPN \Performance issue - 15.Feb.2011 4:41:02 PM   
bruiser

Hi All

Have an interesting issue with TMG (SP1 RU1). The configuration was imported from ISA 2006 which included a working VPN. Now if the VPN is enabled and not used there is no issue but as soon as it is connected to then browse performance for internal users is affected. Disable the VPN and restart the firewall service and the performance issue is resolved.

What happens: Internal user, IE8 is opened and any externally hosted webpage is opened. Under normal circumstances this page will load in a matter of seconds and can be repeated time after time with multiple users. Then a VPN connection is made. This cnnection works as expected and again is repeatable. However now internal users access an external website and the page will take upto 90+ seconds to load (regardless of VPN connections). Once the page is loaded browsing within that site appears OK but access a new site an the issue is present. Add to that, open a new tab in IE and select something from favorites it will will never load. Type a URL in and it will.

Of course nothing in the event logs to give me a clue so can anyone suggest things to try.

Thanks
Bruce
Post #: 1
RE: VPN \Performance issue - 16.Feb.2011 6:05:49 PM   
tshinder

Hi Bruce,

This is a well known bug.

Call CSS to and let them know that you ran into this bug. This will help prioritize the fix so they get a hotfix out ASAP.

Thanks!
Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.

(in reply to bruiser)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Threat Management Gateway (TMG) 2010] >> General >> VPN \Performance issue Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts