• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Accesing a local port in my network

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Firewall] >> Access Policies >> Accesing a local port in my network Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Accesing a local port in my network - 4.Jun.2011 9:44:52 PM   
isa_rooky

Hi everyone,
I have ISA Server 2006 SE installed and I also have another server with Oracle 10g database which we access using Internet Explorer locally, but since I installed ISA Server we have not been able to access our database server. This is the address that I have to access localy through my network:
http://myserver:8345/forms/frmservlet?config=myconfig
8345 is the port that I need to access on my database server.
Can anyone please help me to setup my ISA Server to be able to access this port?
Post #: 1
RE: Accesing a local port in my network - 4.Jun.2011 10:31:27 PM   
stevenrix

Is "myserver" the hostname or the IP?

#1 check DNS server IP address
#2 check IP addresses between your default gateway on ISA and your oracle server
#3 check what you have between default gateway on ISA and your oracle server (CISCO. nating ...etc)
#4 additonnally you can add hostnames to be resolved in your DNS server
#5 add another IP address on your internal NIC to patch the solution temporarly (if you do so, disable IP spoofing)
#6 run the log on ISA to scan if ports are opened or closed. Then
#7 you will need to make an access rule to open the port on the server, and in order to do it it will depend on the configuration of your network.

(in reply to isa_rooky)
Post #: 2
RE: Accesing a local port in my network - 5.Jun.2011 1:01:42 PM   
isa_rooky

Hi Stevenrix,
"myserver" is the hostname.
#1 On which server should I check the DNS?
#2 I only have one IP address between my ISA Server and my Oracle server which belongs to my file server and they all connect to internet through my ISA Server.
#3 My default gateway is a Cisco router which is connected to my ISA Server second NIC
#4 How can I run the log on ISA Server to scan if there's any open port?
#5 Can you please show or send me a step by step instruction on how to create the access rule to open the port on my Oracle server?
#6 When I disable ISA Server client on my computer, I am able to access my Oracle server.

(in reply to stevenrix)
Post #: 3
RE: Accesing a local port in my network - 5.Jun.2011 5:39:43 PM   
SteveMoffat

Internal network traffic should not be going through your ISA. Have you configured your network correct in ISA console?

Thanks
Steve

ISA 2006 Book! - http://tinyurl.com/2gpoo8
TMG Bible - http://tinyurl.com/ykv85hr
www.isaserver.bm

The built in ISA help is likely the most comprehensive help built into an application anywhere. USE it!!! Search it!!! RTFM

(in reply to isa_rooky)
Post #: 4
RE: Accesing a local port in my network - 6.Jun.2011 9:27:39 AM   
isa_rooky

Hi SteveMoffat and thanks for replying,
That's the problem I'm facing right now because the application that we use works with Internet Explorer and the Microsoft Firewall Client for ISA Server setup the Explorer to work directly with ISA Server.
What I did on Internet Explorer was to check the option Bypass proxy server for local addresses, but I'm still having the same issue.
Can you please help me to solve this issue?

(in reply to SteveMoffat)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Firewall] >> Access Policies >> Accesing a local port in my network Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts