• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

ezproxy and ISA

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Firewall] >> Firewall Client >> ezproxy and ISA Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ezproxy and ISA - 15.Jun.2011 11:18:59 AM   
timbishop

We setup a proxy by hostname using Ezproxy.  It works off a DNS wildcard entry on port 80.  The proxy generates  an address off its hostname. 

So for a database "ezproxy.lakemichigancollege.edu" becomes "xyzdatabase.com.ezproxy.lakemichigancollege.edu"

ezproxy works fine in the DMZ, so I know I don't have a DNS issue, but behind the firewall I get a 403 error when accessing the page externally.  ANd it works fine behind the firewall both in the DMZ and secured behind the firewall.

Has anyone had any luck installing ezproxy behind the firewall?  There were a few posts from years ago but no one replied to them.

I have set up the firewall according to the ezproxy software, but still nothing:

"When an EZproxy server is installed behind a Microsoft ISA Server, EZproxy requires certain settings within the ISA Web Publishing Rules that define how the EZproxy server is made available to remote users.
In the Web Publishing Rule properties under the "To" tab, you must check "Forward the original host header instead of the actual one specified above" as EZproxy expects to see the original host header from the client and can go into a redirection loop otherwise.
In the "Proxy requests to published server" section, you need to click the radio button that says "Requests appear to come from the original client" instead of "Requests appear to come from the ISA server.""

Help!
Post #: 1
RE: ezproxy and ISA - 17.Jun.2011 8:44:44 AM   
timbishop

Really?  No one has any ideas?

(in reply to timbishop)
Post #: 2
RE: ezproxy and ISA - 21.Jun.2011 11:46:31 AM   
timbishop

Useless support forum.  

(in reply to timbishop)
Post #: 3
RE: ezproxy and ISA - 23.Jan.2014 11:46:14 PM   
boby123

ezproxy works fine in the DMZ, so I know I don't have a DNS issue, but behind the firewall I get a 403 error when accessing the page externally. ANd it works fine behind the firewall both in the DMZ and secured behind the firewall.

(in reply to timbishop)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Firewall] >> Firewall Client >> ezproxy and ISA Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts