• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Automatically detect RD Gateway server settings - TMG 2010

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Threat Management Gateway (TMG) 2010] >> Installation >> Automatically detect RD Gateway server settings - TMG 2010 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Automatically detect RD Gateway server settings - TMG 2010 - 17.Jun.2011 2:41:14 PM   
plyon

I have successfully configured an Internet facing terminal server that is proxied through TMG 2010. However, the only way I can get to it is by specifically configuring the RD Gateway Server Settings within the Remote Desktop Client to point to the RD Gateway Server. I would like to be able to set the Remote Desktop Client to 'Automatically detect RD Gateway server settings'. This configuration works on the local network but when I attempt to connect from the Internet I get the infamous 'The computer can't connect to the remote computer' error message. I am using TMG 2010 SP1 and connecting to a Server 2008 R2 Enterprise server. Any ideas on what I would be missing to have the Automatic detection work when connecting through the Internet? Or is that configuration not possible.

Any help would be appreciated.
Post #: 1
RE: Automatically detect RD Gateway server settings - T... - 19.Jun.2011 11:10:26 AM   
paulo.oliveira

Hi,

you must configure it using Windows GPO: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc770601.aspx

Make sure the name you're configuring is the same of the name published on the certificate.

Regards,
Paulo Oliveira.

Microsoft Premier Field Engineer (PFE)
Blog: http://poliveirasilva.wordpress.com/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/poliveirasilva

(in reply to plyon)
Post #: 2
RE: Automatically detect RD Gateway server settings - T... - 20.Jun.2011 5:08:15 PM   
plyon

Sorry for being dense on this topic but I have a couple of questions:

1. Where do I apply the GPO? On the RD Gateway Server? On the TMG 2010 Server? Both? I have tried only on the RD Gateway Server and it still doesn't work.

2. Are there any issues if I have a 2003 and 2008 mixed domain?

3. Do/Can I apply the GPO using the Local Group Policy Editor?

4. Where does the switch from port 3389 to port 443 happen? If I use the remote desktop client with Automatically detect RD Gateway server settings selected from a machine not connected to our network, the traffic into the TMG 2010 server is on port 3389 which does not work. How does this client know that it needs to begin transmitting over port 443 instead? When I specifically set up the remote desktop client to utilize the RD Gateway Server, it enters the TMG 2010 server on port 443 and everything works as expected.

Thanks for your help and patience in this matter.

Paul

(in reply to paulo.oliveira)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Threat Management Gateway (TMG) 2010] >> Installation >> Automatically detect RD Gateway server settings - TMG 2010 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts