• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Importing ISA 2006 Individual Policies to TMG

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Threat Management Gateway (TMG) 2010] >> General >> Importing ISA 2006 Individual Policies to TMG Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Importing ISA 2006 Individual Policies to TMG - 10.Aug.2011 6:23:43 PM   
ohanatech

I have built a TMG 2010 SP1 standalone array (2 servers). I need to import ISA 2006 rules into TMG. I do not want to import the entire server config, just specific rules. When importing I get the error: The config cant be imported because it was exported from an earlier version of forefront tmg...blah blah. So I changed the <fpc4:IsaXMLVersion dt:dt="string">5.9<... to 7.3 or whatever TMG version TMG has been updated to in the exported XLM file. This allows the import and creates the rule and the objects associated with the rule. Question:

Does anyone know the implications of changing this value for rule importing? Are there security changes that will not be made if TMG believes this to be a more recent version of isaXML than it is?
Post #: 1
RE: Importing ISA 2006 Individual Policies to TMG - 13.Aug.2011 1:28:31 PM   
elmajdal

I have always changed xml , specially with ISA Standard to Exterprise.

I think you are not able to import the rules because you applied SP1 into TMG.

Tarek Majdalani

Windows Expert - IT Pro MVP
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/ElMajdal.Net

(in reply to ohanatech)
Post #: 2
RE: Importing ISA 2006 Individual Policies to TMG - 13.Aug.2011 7:39:25 PM   
ohanatech

I have no problem importing rules within TMG SP1 using this method. The only restriction is that you cant import rules that have network rules that are associated with the physical adapters. Just wanted to know what the possible security implications might be, if any. I only see one string in the file that differs from the natively created rules and the imported rules. Not sure what it is used for.

(in reply to elmajdal)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Threat Management Gateway (TMG) 2010] >> General >> Importing ISA 2006 Individual Policies to TMG Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts