• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Installing TMG as back firewall to a Cisco ASA

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Threat Management Gateway (TMG) 2010] >> Installation >> Installing TMG as back firewall to a Cisco ASA Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Installing TMG as back firewall to a Cisco ASA - 2.Nov.2011 6:24:34 PM   
josog

Hi All,

I am currently implementing a TMG server to act as a back firewall for added sceurity, url filtering, publish Exchange/Lync, etc...and put this in a dmz

My cisco external interface is pointing to a public ip to our isp. i have another interface which is connected to my external interface of TMG. I then have my internal TMG interface connected to my internal lan.

I am confused as to wether i should use public or private ip addresses for the external TMG server interface and cisco interface. I have been given a block of public ip's from my isp, for ex 66.211.213.X. Can i just use a switch to connect the cisco and tmg server? then add web servers/exchange CAS to this dmz switch?

Also, for the interface on the cisco connected to TMG, i am not sure what the security level should be (ANy cisco guys can help?)

Thanks.
Post #: 1
RE: Installing TMG as back firewall to a Cisco ASA - 3.Nov.2011 6:51:09 PM   
djfiend

I ended up and used all private IP's for the internal Cisco interfaces and the TMG server interfaces. For the internal interface security level 100 was used since we have the DMZ coming from a non-routable VLAN on our L3 switch right into the ASA. Using the security level 100 made it easier for the outbound traffic as it uses the default ACL for passing the internal traffic to less secure networks. For connectivity our ASA actually just plugs directly into our L3 switch and we just use VLAN's and trunking to direct the traffic from the ASA to the TMG and back to our switch. For out servers in the DMZ static nat was used for publishing. This could all really change if you choose to have the DMZ come off the TMG instead of the ASA.

(in reply to josog)
Post #: 2
RE: Installing TMG as back firewall to a Cisco ASA - 6.Nov.2011 7:34:37 PM   
josog

thanks djfiend for the info and reply.

in the back firewall setup, does the nat'ing from the asa always go to the external interface of tmg then tmg will publish whatever to the dmz servers? or do you just nat straight to the dmz servers from the asa (which seems like it would bypass tmg).

also, i decided i want to go with public ip's for the dmz.

thanks again.

(in reply to djfiend)
Post #: 3
RE: Installing TMG as back firewall to a Cisco ASA - 12.Nov.2011 12:25:46 PM   
djfiend

Since our DMZ comes off the ASA, NAT mapping was direct to the servers in the DMZ so the TMG didnt even come into play. Though some configuration was done on the TMG to allow comms from the DMZ to the internal network for AD, RADIUS, etc..

(in reply to josog)
Post #: 4
RE: Installing TMG as back firewall to a Cisco ASA - 1.Feb.2012 3:31:06 AM   
sief3792

Though some configuration was done on the TMG to allow comms from the DMZ to the internal network for AD, RADIUS, etc..Our company always provides you the WOW Gold for you. Just place

an order and to buy wow gold and

Maplestory Mesos

(in reply to djfiend)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Threat Management Gateway (TMG) 2010] >> Installation >> Installing TMG as back firewall to a Cisco ASA Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts