• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Successfully installed Certificate but ForeFront TMG does not See it.

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Publishing] >> Web Publishing >> Successfully installed Certificate but ForeFront TMG does not See it. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Successfully installed Certificate but ForeFront TMG do... - 29.Nov.2011 3:59:24 PM   
charlieit

I have a website running on Apache Webserver (Httpd) version 2.2 on a Windows 2003 Server in an anonymous DMZ (followed all suggestions recommended by Tom's books and articles on the subject).  The site has been running great for years.

I now want to install a third party (Verisign) certificate.  The way I would normally do this in an IIS environment is to import the Verisign certificate into the Security certificate area of the website in IIS Manager.  Then I would go through the export process in IIS Manager and export the certificate using a private key.  Then I would import the certificate onto the server hosting Forefront TMG.  Once installed, I would go to the Listener for the published web server and select the valid certificate.

The Verisign certificate was imported into the Apache server.  We then used a command line to export the certificate to a PFX file.  On the Forefront TMG server, I launched MMC, added the Certificate snap-in for the local computer, right mouse clicked on "trusted sites" and selected import, and the import was successful.   When I go into Forrfront TMG and click on my listener to select the certificate, the certificate is not showing up in the list--not even when I uncheck "show only valid certificates".  The certificate says it is installed correctly in Windows, but ForeFront TMG does not see it.

Any ideas? (I tried restarting the server).

Thank you,

Charlie
Post #: 1
RE: Successfully installed Certificate but ForeFront TM... - 29.Feb.2012 10:53:47 AM   
aweugene

Charlie,
I have been in this situation many times. Importing the certificate into TMG / ISA from Apache web instance is little tricky. The reason why TMG is not seeing the certificate is because of the fact that the exported cert ( from Apache ) is not a COMPLETE certificae. By that I mean you are missing the private key even though, you have exported to a PFX file. I use IBM's Key Manager to export the cert from Apache ( as a complete certificate file ).
If you are still looking for answers, please let me know.
Regards,
Eugene

(in reply to charlieit)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Publishing] >> Web Publishing >> Successfully installed Certificate but ForeFront TMG does not See it. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts