• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

How to block uploads TMG 2010?

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Threat Management Gateway (TMG) 2010] >> General >> How to block uploads TMG 2010? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How to block uploads TMG 2010? - 23.Dec.2011 5:03:34 AM   
zeebaluch

I have installed TMG 2010 as edge firewall. I want to block email attachments, I have configured HTTP filter signature i.e "Request headers, content type and multipart/form-data". It does block uploads but it also prohibited sending email.. I mean it also blocks sending mails...! Please guide me how can I block uploads in TMG 2010. HTTP filter doesn't work so far.
Post #: 1
RE: How to block uploads TMG 2010? - 23.Dec.2011 7:44:52 AM   
hadideveloper

Hi,
you can not do it only by isa, you can use something like bandwidth splitter to monitor and limit your clients uploads and downloads.

(in reply to zeebaluch)
Post #: 2
RE: How to block uploads TMG 2010? - 23.Dec.2011 12:01:58 PM   
pwindell

If you want to stop email attachments you do that at the Mail Server not the Firewall.  That is the job of the Mail Server.

Phillip Windell

(in reply to zeebaluch)
Post #: 3
ATTN: Mr.Shinder RE: How to block uploads TMG 2010? - 25.Dec.2011 12:01:05 PM   
zeebaluch

My brothers Philip & Hadi, I was talking about Web-Based email attachments like Hotmail, Yahoo, Gmail! I hope you got what I meant...! Plz tell or guide is there any way? Mr.Shinder if see this post pease guide me!!

(in reply to pwindell)
Post #: 4
RE: ATTN: Mr.Shinder RE: How to block uploads TMG 2010? - 27.Dec.2011 9:16:21 AM   
pwindell

quote:

I was talking about Web-Based email attachments like Hotmail, Yahoo, Gmail! I hope you got what I meant...! Plz tell or guide is there any way?

I don't know if that is possible.

Tom Shinder works for MS now.  I don't know if he spends much time here anymore.  Deb Shinder probably spends more time here,...there is a chance she might see it but I don't know any way to get her attention.

Phillip Windell

(in reply to zeebaluch)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Threat Management Gateway (TMG) 2010] >> General >> How to block uploads TMG 2010? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts