• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Find Visitors IP and MAC Address

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Firewall] >> General >> Find Visitors IP and MAC Address Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Find Visitors IP and MAC Address - 17.Feb.2012 5:08:37 AM   
separm

Hi There!
We have an intranet/extranet web application, written in asp.net C#.
We need users information when they connect to application internally and externally, our we server is behind an ISA server firewall.
I've searched through internet, and all the codes get me either ISA servers ip and mac address or local web servers ip address, what I need to get is the LAN ip an mac address and external user's ip and mac address.
any suggestions?
Thanks in advance
Post #: 1
RE: Find Visitors IP and MAC Address - 17.Feb.2012 9:55:04 AM   
ferrix

MAC address is not transmitted across router boundaries. In short, it is impossible to know the MAC address of clients who are coming in from the internet. You will always get the address of the first router instead.

It's comparatively easy to forward the IP address. Winfrasoft makes a filter called "X-Forwarded-For for ISA Server" that should do it.

(in reply to separm)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Firewall] >> General >> Find Visitors IP and MAC Address Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts