• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

GameRanger Behind Symmetric NAT

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Misc.] >> Gaming >> GameRanger Behind Symmetric NAT Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
GameRanger Behind Symmetric NAT - 18.Mar.2012 8:00:02 PM   
Fistofsteel

Hello,

I have been having a weird issue with GameRanger. I can log in and see various servers of different games but when I try to connect to any server or host my own server, it says that I'm behind a symmetric NAT router (Which I think is my ISA server), due to which when I get into the game I cannot see the 'game server' which my friends have hosted (The server list in the game remain empty). They can see each others server but I can't find their server because of this problem. When I looked at GameRanger own support it said that I need to port forward 16000 (UDP).

Now, I want to tell you that I don't have any port restrictions in place. All ports are opened. I have even placed a separate firewall policy for allowing port 16000 UDP to be forwarded but it was to no use. I still cannot view my friends server and they cannot join mine even when I host it.

When I disconnect my ISP LAN cable from the ISA server and connect it directly to my PC the problem no longer persist. I can join them and they can join my server. But as soon as I plug it back to the Server machine I start getting this problem again.

---

Any step by step guide will be HIGHLY appreciated.

P.S: I'm running ISA Server 2004 on Windows Server 2003.

< Message edited by Fistofsteel -- 18.Mar.2012 8:02:05 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: GameRanger Behind Symmetric NAT - 19.Mar.2012 7:19:25 AM   
Fistofsteel

I forgot to mention one thing. I don't have any ISP router which is providing internet access to my ISA server. I have a CIR based connection and my ISP provided me a Fiber to LAN media converter only. Which is connected to one LAN interface in the server. The other LAN interface is connected to a switch, which is providing internet facility to the users.

Check this image for better understanding:

(in reply to Fistofsteel)
Post #: 2
RE: GameRanger Behind Symmetric NAT - 23.Jun.2013 9:34:00 PM   
nellavon

The hustle and bustle and neat cries accompanied by trumpet far away, which lasted several minutes and then suddenly quiet.

http://www.neverwintergold.us/neverwinter-astral-diamond could be the best place for you to pay a visit.

(in reply to Fistofsteel)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Misc.] >> Gaming >> GameRanger Behind Symmetric NAT Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts