Wireless router to not ask for authentication when connected trough TMG? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Threat Management Gateway (TMG) 2010] >> General

ynelaj -> Wireless router to not ask for authentication when connected trough TMG? (20.May2012 11:58:04 AM)

I have a brand new TMG Installed and setup some rules. . How can i setup TMG rule and the wireless rounter to not be filtered on TMG ? The linksys wireless rounter should also NOT ask for domain authentication.. it should allow directly access to outside without any authentication.

royh -> RE: Wireless router to not ask for authentication when connected trough TMG? (21.May2012 6:23:26 PM)

Hi,
Are you using the Linksys in Access point Mode or Router mode? In router mode you need to create a rule on TMG to allow access for the linksys WAN IP using anonymous access.
HTH,

ynelaj -> RE: Wireless router to not ask for authentication when connected trough TMG? (22.May2012 9:05:15 AM)

In router mode. i have added a static IP of our domain. How should those rules be to allow the wireless users to directly access the internet? Or if its possible as accesspoint they could be also good only if it works. It doesnt matter.. i just need to solve this issue. can you explain me in shortly mode how to do that please?
Thanks

royh -> RE: Wireless router to not ask for authentication when connected trough TMG? (22.May2012 5:52:24 PM)

Hi,
As i stated earlier, you have to create a rule on your TMG to allow full access to your router WAN IP anonymously. Also, your router WAN interface must be configured as the below:
IP: Reserved IP address from same range as the TMG internal IP
SM:default
GW: internal IP of TMG
DNS: public DNS or the DNS server of your network if any
Thanks -

Page: [1]