• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Google Chrome Major Version 19.0.1084 and Threat Management Gateway Upload File Corruption

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Threat Management Gateway (TMG) 2010] >> General >> Google Chrome Major Version 19.0.1084 and Threat Management Gateway Upload File Corruption Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Google Chrome Major Version 19.0.1084 and Threat Manage... - 21.May2012 10:41:29 AM   
AndrewZuza78

I am currently running Threat Management Gateway 2010 SP2. Internally I have a .NET 4 MVC 3 web application with a 3rd party upload module called 'SlickUpload'. All clients in the network are configured as 'Web Proxy' clients.

We have always had strange issues with internal clients using Chrome and this uploader to where sometimes the upload would inexplicably fail. We never have the issue when we upload using Internet Explorer from internal network.

Also, the issue does not happen from a user outside the network using either browser.

I have noticed that if an internal Chrome user directly connects with the internal webserver as a 'SecureNAT Client' rather than relaying through TMG as a 'Web Proxy Client' back to the internal webserver, the uploads never fail or become corrupt. Failures and Corruptions ONLY happen with internal Chrome user file uploads that go from Client --> Proxy --> WebServer.

Recently (May 15, 2012) Google updated their Chrome browser to major version 19.0.1084. As of this upgrade, all user uploads running the new Chrome browser end up having the file corrupted even if the upload succeeds.

Can anyone please tell me if this has something to do with a feature in TMG that is causing this to happen. I have read a lot of posts online about 'Malware Inspection' causing downloads to become corrupt. If that is also related to this issue, can someone please tell me what I need to change in TMG to allow Chrome users to continue using Chrome without having to completely turn off 'Malware Inspection'. Thank you.
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Threat Management Gateway (TMG) 2010] >> General >> Google Chrome Major Version 19.0.1084 and Threat Management Gateway Upload File Corruption Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts