• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Symantec Mobile Management Publishing

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Publishing] >> Server Publishing >> Symantec Mobile Management Publishing Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Symantec Mobile Management Publishing - 22.May2012 4:25:29 PM   
jtheboywonder

Has anyone setup either McAfee or Symantec mobile device management through ISA proxies? I have a configuration guide, but I am missing a key element and don't know if it is because I am overlooking it or because ISA was not meant to function this way...

I am trying to see if ISA can rewrite the outbound URL only therefore directing them to an external site or if something else is needed. I am including what they have provided as a configuration if you were to use IIS as the reverse proxy mechanism, but there are a few parts that do not seem to have configurations in ISA that would allow the same process:

Installing proxy components:
1. Begin by installing the Microsoft Web Platform Installer 3.0 from http://www.microsoft.com/web/downloads/platform.aspx
2. Once the application is open, select Add for both “Application Request Routing 2.5“ and “IIS7 Recommended Configuration”
3. Once done installing you will need to go the default web site in Server Manager, go to the IIS section and select URL Rewrite (note that you may have to reset IIS and re-launch the Server Manager to see it). Double Click it to open.
4. Select Add Rule from top right of the screen
5. Select Reverse Proxy from the Add window
6. Create a rule for the MMS server using the following example
7. Repeat steps 4-6 above to create a rule for the SCEP server using the following example
8. Open the Inbound SCEP rule just created and modify per the example below. The rule pattern needs to be “(certsrv/.*)”. Make sure to click apply.
9. Reorder the inbound and outbound rules so that the SCEP rule is at the top of the list. Push the outbound SCEP rule to the top of the outbound list as well.
10. Open the URL re-write menu and click View Server Variables on the right side.
11. and Add a variable HTTP_ACCEPT_ENCODING as a LOCAL variable
12. Use notepad.exe t o open the web.config file located in the wwwroot folder
13. Find Rule 2, and after the line <action type="Rewrite" url=" add the following lines:
<serverVariables>
<set name="HTTP_ACCEPT_ENCODING" value="" />
</serverVariables>

14. Open the URL re-write menu and click View Server Variables on the right side.
15. Open the Request Filtering menu in IIS
16. Open the Query Strings tab
17. Over in the Actions menu, select Edit Feature Settings
18. Change the Maximum query string size to 8192. Click OK to save this setting, restart IIS.
19. Test the URL through the proxy server to verify the pass through works

Any ideas or am I right that this could not be sufficiently configured in ISA 2006? The part i am most concerned with is from step 10 on, and if i were able to include the pictures you would also see they are rewriting only outbound traffic from this internal server to another name, there is no rewriting for anything inbound. Can these steps be accomplished including the setting of query string size for just this rule if it were published in ISA?
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Publishing] >> Server Publishing >> Symantec Mobile Management Publishing Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts