• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Authentication Failure for Some but Not All

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Publishing] >> Web Publishing >> Authentication Failure for Some but Not All Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Authentication Failure for Some but Not All - 6.Jul.2012 3:34:05 PM   
jfh777

Experienced, but not with ISA. So be easy.

Using a mobile app to access our HelpDesk suppport software. One user can authenticate with domain creds and log in with no problems. Another user cannot. If fails every time. In the ISA monitoring log I get some 401 Unauthorized and some 500 Internal Server Error entries on the failure.

I duplicated these domain accounts, and the behavior is the same. The good one authenticates, the bad one fails.

I have tweaked and poked at the firewall policy, but the results are the same every time.

One noticeable thing - if I purposefully use a bad password for the account that fails, it takes longer to fail and the app gives me a different error. To me that indicates that the failure with the good password isn't even allowing the request through to the domain.

Another thing - I can browse to the URL with the mobile browser and I get through every time, with either ID.

Dunno. Any ideas? Thanks!
Justin
Post #: 1
RE: Authentication Failure for Some but Not All - 12.Jul.2012 8:55:28 AM   
jfh777

Any thoughts would be appreciated. ISA Server 2006 5.0.5723.514.

Justin

(in reply to jfh777)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Publishing] >> Web Publishing >> Authentication Failure for Some but Not All Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts