• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Limit internet usage

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Threat Management Gateway (TMG) 2010] >> General >> Limit internet usage Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Limit internet usage - 22.Jul.2012 3:06:56 AM   
nugonline

Dear All,
I have TMG 2010 installed as a proxy server in my network, but TMG is not our gateway. I can manage the Active Directory users and computer from TMG server, I set the proxy setting on the clients, and then TMG rules. But I cannot control users whome are using private laptop and ipad from using internet, because those laptops are not in domain, so I cannot deploy proxy on them. How can I limit internet usage and control private laptop and mobile, is there away to block them from using internet???
Note: TMG is loaded on VM. so i cannot make it the gateway at the moment.

Regards,
Post #: 1
RE: Limit internet usage - 22.Jul.2012 8:24:48 AM   
sadavala.sree

Hi,

Change your exiting http and https allow rule source instead of internal to computers or computers set. It will block all other computers. so manually add new devices.

Thanks & Regards,
Sreehari Babu

(in reply to nugonline)
Post #: 2
RE: Limit internet usage - 22.Jul.2012 8:56:37 AM   
nugonline

Thanks for your reply,
Do you think by changing this rule the private laptops will be affected? note we didn't set any proxy for the private laptops...
I will try and will let you know

Regards,
Mohamed Alnaggar

(in reply to sadavala.sree)
Post #: 3
RE: Limit internet usage - 24.Jul.2012 2:47:13 AM   
nugonline

Hi,
It doesn't work. I think this is because not all clients are not connected to proxy server.

(in reply to nugonline)
Post #: 4
RE: Limit internet usage - 24.Jul.2012 7:11:03 AM   
dvizzle

Sounds about right.

You should ideally be forcing users to go through your proxy and block any access that goes direct.

Are you having these users manually enter the proxy configuration script address? Might want to look into using a WPAD entry so all computers on the domain will automatically be configured to uses it.

(in reply to nugonline)
Post #: 5
RE: Limit internet usage - 24.Jul.2012 8:22:33 AM   
nugonline

Thanks for your relply,

Yes, what I need is to force all users to use proxy server.

Domain users configure proxy via Group Policy in active directory, all domain users using the proxy setting, and under proxy rules.

But the most important I need to force the users out of domain, private laptop and mobiles to use the proxy server to be under control, and limit internet usage.

Regards,
Mohamed Alnaggar

(in reply to dvizzle)
Post #: 6
RE: Limit internet usage - 24.Jul.2012 10:13:38 AM   
dvizzle

I think you need to change some of your other network settings outside of TMG in order to force outside domain users to use TMG as the proxy. You should also set up your boarder firewall to deny those connections from people who are trying to directly access without using the TMG proxy.

(in reply to nugonline)
Post #: 7
RE: Limit internet usage - 25.Jul.2012 1:05:03 AM   
nugonline

I have set the router to refuse any connections, only domain users, so if someone has username on domain he can access internet from his private laptop, but he still not using proxy.
I have no problem with Active directory users and computers. But I have a problem with private computers,
I'm wondering, is there any way to force users to use proxy setting through DHCP??? I mean "can I direct users from DHCP to use the network proxy???"

(in reply to dvizzle)
Post #: 8

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Threat Management Gateway (TMG) 2010] >> General >> Limit internet usage Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts