• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

ISA Server 2000 uninstall fails

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> Installation >> ISA Server 2000 uninstall fails Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ISA Server 2000 uninstall fails - 20.Sep.2012 6:37:34 AM   
rminette

Hello,
I have a client with a SBS2003 server running ISA 2000 stndard. They've been having trouble with VPN connections, where it would connect but you can't browse shares on the server. If you reboot, you can connect and browse, but then it will stop working again if you reconnect a few minutes later.
We decided to try upgrading to 2004 and setup ran the migration tool to preserve the setting but then it started uninstalling ISA 2000 but came up with a message saying the uninstall failed.
I then tried to uninstall through Add/Remove programs, starting with ISA SP2 and going backwards removing hotfixes. However after uninstalling SP2, I am unable to remove any hotfixes or ISA 2000 itself. The remove button is greyed out for all hotfixes and SP1 and if I click the remove for ISA 2000 nothing happens.
ISA2000 is still functioning normally but we would really like to remove it and upgrade. Is there any way to remove it manually? I was planning to return to the client to try running ISA setup from the disk and see if I can remove it that way.

Thanks
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> Installation >> ISA Server 2000 uninstall fails Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts