• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Can't access Router Config Page or RDP to Webserver

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Network Infrastructure >> Can't access Router Config Page or RDP to Webserver Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Can't access Router Config Page or RDP to Webserver - 9.Nov.2012 8:27:53 PM   
Drumboy444

Okay I finally upgraded to ISA 2004 on Server 2k3. I have a perimeter network with one Webserver. When I had ISA 2000 I was able to RDP to my webserver and also view my router config page on any of my clients.

I have kept the same IP addresses on both my internal and external nics and my webserver. My router has been replaced with a new Uverse router provided by AT&T and I put the same IP address on that which I had on the old.

My Webserver has an IP of 10.10.1.252.
My router is 10.10.1.251.
My exernal NIC is 10.10.1.254
My Internal NIC is 10.40.100.5

If I disable my firewall I can access the router config page fine. I have not tried an RDP session to my server but I'm sure that will work fine as well. I know that it's ISA's firewall that's preventing this but for the life of me I can't figure this out.

Does anyone have any ideas?
Post #: 1
RE: Can't access Router Config Page or RDP to Webserver - 10.Nov.2012 6:33:47 PM   
Drumboy444

Okay I have figured out part of my problem. I decided to run one of the network templates. I chose the back to back since that matches the physical configuration of what I'm trying to do.

I can now access the webpage on my webserver, and I can access the routers configuration page.

I still cannot use RDP to my webser or ping either my webserver or my router (ping incase I need to test their connectivity). I setup both protocols in a new firewall setting allowing both protocols to access my perimeter network but still they don't work.

Any ideas?

(in reply to Drumboy444)
Post #: 2
RE: Can't access Router Config Page or RDP to Webserver - 13.Nov.2012 9:47:59 AM   
Drumboy444

I finally fixed my issue. Thanks to anyone that may have been looking into this.

Logically I have a 3-leg perimeter but physically it looks more like a back to back with my outter firewall being a Motorolla Uverse router. I was very quickly able to get Ping and RDP to work by setting ISA up as a 3-leg perimeter.

(in reply to Drumboy444)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Network Infrastructure >> Can't access Router Config Page or RDP to Webserver Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts