• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

pop3/smtp ISA 2006

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Firewall] >> General >> pop3/smtp ISA 2006 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
pop3/smtp ISA 2006 - 4.Dec.2012 11:55:27 AM   
qmidude

Greetings,

We have recently had a new executive come to our company and he has requested that he can access his external email (parent company) through out network. They parent company setup his outlook settings for pop3/smtp and they are unsecured ports 110/25 respectively.

I followed a guide, and created a pop3/smtp/dns/http/https rule for his IP address which will allow him access to 'anything' and 'external' from 'internal'. This still does not allow him to fetch his email and it is instantly unable to connect to the mail server.

If I punch in the mailserver address in a browser window on his machine, the webmail for his email comes up fine, but nothing through outlook pop3/smtp will work.

I have outlook=disable=0 within ISA 2006, and when I monitor/log the activity from his machine, I do not see any requests that are allow or denied. It is like it isn't even making it to the ISA server for the request.

I am completely baffled on what is stopping me from getting out to the external email server, could anyone provide any input?
Post #: 1
RE: pop3/smtp ISA 2006 - 21.Dec.2012 1:21:11 AM   
khurram1263

i am also facing same problem in ISA 2006 even i have installed the Microsoft firewall client on my vista workstation and connected to ISA server ok...

please help ...

(in reply to qmidude)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Firewall] >> General >> pop3/smtp ISA 2006 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll