• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Break and Restore Array

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Firewall] >> General >> Break and Restore Array Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Break and Restore Array - 17.Dec.2012 6:11:47 PM   
brrrdog

Background: quite some time ago we had a node fail in an array and had to run on the second node for a while. We fixed the failed node and brought it back up. However we noticed from that point on, configuration changes were not being applied to the second node and discovered that the array status page showed a loss of communication. I couldn't back up the config either because of the dreaded catastrophic failure error but that I was able to fix with some other tips that directed me to a corrupted, locally cached rule that i deleted thru the registry on both machines. But that didn't help the communication issue. I tried everything, including uninstall/reinstall on the secondary to get the second node to rejoin but have given up.

At this point I want to delete and recreate the array but want to be sure of the steps. Will the primary member (the one that seems to be working fine and taking changes) continue to run? What do I need to do to help ensure I have a working array again without any major disaster recovery?
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Firewall] >> General >> Break and Restore Array Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts