• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Can ISA select the route based on desitnation URL?

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Firewall] >> Branch Office >> Can ISA select the route based on desitnation URL? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Can ISA select the route based on desitnation URL? - 10.Jan.2013 7:36:16 PM   
asymmcx

Hello, I have a question regarding the ISA configuration for my office. I worked in a branch office (50 PCs) off main campus. We have public internet connection (3 MB/S) provided by ISP. The main campus subscribe some internet published journals and magzines (the publisher of these journals and magzines only accept the IP address of main campus). Now we have an vpn account (only 50 KB/S) going THROUGH main campus network to view these journals and magzines. Here we want the ISA server determine the route by URL, for example: if some of PCs in my branch office want to view these jouranls and magzines, the ISA will direct these connections through the narrow VPN route; if the PCs in the branch office just do some google or hotmail, the ISA will direct these connections to the public route. Is there any solution for these complicated structure? Thank you very much!
Post #: 1
RE: Can ISA select the route based on desitnation URL? - 11.Jan.2013 11:39:52 AM   
ferrix

What does the network diagram look like? Is the VPN connected to ISA itself or does ISA just have two external IPs and networks?

If it is the latter (two external networks) you can use IP Binder. Make a separate access rule for the special targets, and IP Binder can force the correct IP to be used.

If you have things set up with VPN directly at ISA, that goes beyond my area of expertise.

(in reply to asymmcx)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Firewall] >> Branch Office >> Can ISA select the route based on desitnation URL? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts