• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Ipsec VPN and PPTP VPN passthrough TMG

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Threat Management Gateway (TMG) 2010] >> General >> Ipsec VPN and PPTP VPN passthrough TMG Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Ipsec VPN and PPTP VPN passthrough TMG - 9.Jul.2013 9:01:27 AM   
sipho

Hi,

I have a TMG 2010 Standard SP2 RU3 installed, latest and greatest.
Everything was working 100%, I use PPTP VPN through my TMG Server to an external VPN server and this works.

I got a new work laptop and they require Cisco anyconnect VPN client, which would not connect through my TMG, even though I have a rule that allows all outbound traffic.

So after reading I created a bogus site to site VPN and then my cisco anyconnect VPN was working however my PPTP passthrough now dont' work...this was a bug with TMG that was supposed to be fixes with SP2RU3 but it didnt.

I would really appreciate it someone could advise me on how to get IPsec and PPTP passthrough a TMG Firewall, at the moment I plugged my ISA 2006 Server in as the allow outbound all protocols rule works properely and I dont have issues.

ITs amazing, I made a rule and listed it at the top, Allow outbound, all protocols in ISA 2006 and TMG 2010, ISA 2006 I have no issues and can connect both VPN, but TMG 2010 no the same......
Post #: 1
RE: Ipsec VPN and PPTP VPN passthrough TMG - 14.Jul.2013 2:18:35 PM   
spouseele

You should check out http://www.isaserver.org/articles-tutorials/articles/IPSec_Passthrough.html

HTH,
Stefaan

(in reply to sipho)
Post #: 2
RE: Ipsec VPN and PPTP VPN passthrough TMG - 17.Jul.2013 7:48:45 AM   
sipho

Hi,

This document refers to ISA 2000, I have resolved my problems by removing TMG 2010 and putting back my ISA 2006, one rule allow all Outbound and I have no problems. I have also found TMG 2010 provides really slow web browsing and have concluded that TMG 2010 is an unfinished product and will continue to be which is a bit of a shame.

Thanks

Sipho

(in reply to spouseele)
Post #: 3
RE: Ipsec VPN and PPTP VPN passthrough TMG - 29.Jul.2013 2:47:50 PM   
spouseele

That article applies to all versions of ISA and TMG. It's even useful for any firewall because it outlines the mechanisme used for IPsec NAT Traversal.

I'm not familiar with the Cisco anyconnect VPN client. Are you sure it is an IPsec client or is it an SSL VPN client?

HTH,
Stefaan

(in reply to sipho)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Threat Management Gateway (TMG) 2010] >> General >> Ipsec VPN and PPTP VPN passthrough TMG Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts