• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Need help reading old mdc log files.

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 General] >> General >> Need help reading old mdc log files. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Need help reading old mdc log files. - 20.Jan.2014 8:34:25 PM   
qaball

Hello All

I am having some difficulty reading some log files that are several weeks old. The server is set to only keep 7 days of logs and then the old ones are purged. I retrieved the older logs I need to use for research from our backup but I'm stuck figuring out how to use them. I've searched high and low, and have found no workable solution. Putting them back in the log directory didn't work ( I even restarted the server afterwords) as ISA doesn't appear to even see them. I've tried to use the MSDEToText and only get a login error running it from the command line. Funny thing is that the reports in ISA do seem to pick up these files and report data from the times they contain. I need to actually wash through the data manually though around a timeframe. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 General] >> General >> Need help reading old mdc log files. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts