• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Connect multiple networks to one switch

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> General >> Connect multiple networks to one switch Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Connect multiple networks to one switch - 7.Nov.2005 3:55:00 PM   
lakers2003

We've got an ISA with several networks: DMZ1, DMZ2, internal, and a wireless LAN. All have different network IDs, etc. Currently we have a switch for each network, and a corresponding NIC in the ISA going to each switch. I know we need a NIC in ISA for each network, but is it possible to consolodate all the switches into one larger swithc? Theoretically it seems that it would work, since all a switch really cares about is the destination MAC address, but it seems that it could be a bit of a security risk.
Thanks,
Post #: 1
RE: Connect multiple networks to one switch - 7.Nov.2005 4:35:00 PM   
abqtech

Is it possible? depends on the switch, really. I know that you can slice up the different networks by assigning a unique VLAN to each utilized port on the switch. I won't go into the security risks, but you're correct, in that you will potentially run into security risk(s).

(in reply to lakers2003)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> General >> Connect multiple networks to one switch Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts