• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

ISA Server Droping Connection

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> General >> ISA Server Droping Connection Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ISA Server Droping Connection - 6.Apr.2001 8:31:00 PM   
cypher170

Hi

I am experiencing something strange with my ISA box my users keep losing Internet access. My connection can be running really fast, then suddenly all my users get timeout messages, it stays this way for a few minutes then springs back to life as fast as before.

I know for a fact that I am not losing my ADSL connection, I have a test machine out side of the network directly connected to the router that can still surf whilst the ISA server is down.

The only error message i get is

Error 14120

The ISA Server services cannot create a packet filter 213.195.79.253. This event occurs when there is a conflict between the Local Address Table (LAT) configuration and the Windows 2000 routing table. Check the routing table and the LAT to find the source of the conflict.

I have a standalone W2K box running ISA and nothing else. I have one internal NIC using a private IP and one External NIC connected to the ADSL Router. The ADSL Router is running NAT so my external NIC is given Private IP as well.

I have tried a clean reinstall but still the same error occurs - does any body now why??

Post #: 1
RE: ISA Server Droping Connection - 6.Apr.2001 8:40:00 PM   
jmunyan

I guesss there are a couple things you can do. First I would check your LAT to make sure it is properly defined.

Second, check resources being published to rule out port contention. For example if iis is running on the box using port 80 conflicts would occur with the autodiscovery mechanism.

John

(in reply to cypher170)
Post #: 2
RE: ISA Server Droping Connection - 6.Apr.2001 9:54:00 PM   
cypher170

Hi

The LAT had an entry 192.168.0.0 to 192.168.255.255

I missed at first that this entry would include the IP Address of my external nic.

So what I have done is to reduce my LAT too just one line, that is my local IP range and i will see how that works out.

Thanks for the help.

(in reply to cypher170)
Post #: 3
RE: ISA Server Droping Connection - 6.Apr.2001 10:00:00 PM   
jmunyan

I have read conflicting reports about this external resource in the LAT. My working configuration does not have any external interface address in the lat. My believe is the lat should only house the address from the internal interface back (nothing public)

John

(in reply to cypher170)
Post #: 4
RE: ISA Server Droping Connection - 12.Apr.2001 12:05:00 PM   
markp

I am experiencing the same problem with clients getting dropped randomly. I also run a vpn off of the machine which provides dhcp addresses in the same range. Is there something I have to be careful of here?

(in reply to cypher170)
Post #: 5
RE: ISA Server Droping Connection - 12.Apr.2001 1:16:00 PM   
cypher170

Hi markp

I have never ran vpn before so I don't really know if you have anything to be careful of.

I think my problem was with my Internal nic.

My internal nic had been set to get a IP address from my Dhcp server, I read in the deployment guide that the internal nic should have a static IP address assigned to it instead.

When I went to change the IP address I found that somehow the default gateway had been set to the IP address of the Router, so I set a static IP and blanked the Gateway and this seems to have solved my problems.

Hope this is of some help to you.

(in reply to cypher170)
Post #: 6

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> General >> ISA Server Droping Connection Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts