• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

PING through ISA

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> General >> PING through ISA Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
PING through ISA - 17.Apr.2001 10:32:00 PM   
Lions128

Hi,

We all know that pinging outside addresses was not possible with Proxy server because this is the way it was built.

ISA though should enable the ICMP packets to pass from the local network on the Internet.

I followed step by step the procedure on "How to enable ICMP Proxy PING requests" and I still can't PING outside my local network.

I anything else that I shoul do?

Thanks.

Post #: 1
RE: PING through ISA - 22.Jun.2001 12:20:00 AM   
Clayton

i have this same problem...i followed the directions from tom's notes on allowing ping requests and still i'm unable to ping external addresses from any client and the isa server itself. i enabled ip filtering and ip routing and i even setup the filtering to allow all icmp traffic and still i'm unable to ping external internet addresses.

has anyone been successful in setting this up?

(in reply to Lions128)
Post #: 2
RE: PING through ISA - 22.Jun.2001 2:15:00 PM   
peter

I lost a lot of hair over this issue too. I've got mine to work, finally ! Check my post @ http://www.isaserver.org/ubb/Forum2/HTML/001189.html

See if this helps - another tip, as a test turn on "Log packets from allow filters". This will record your newly created allow filter rules working (or not).

Peter

(in reply to Lions128)
Post #: 3
RE: PING through ISA - 22.Jun.2001 3:17:00 PM   
Lions128

quote:
Originally posted by peter:
I lost a lot of hair over this issue too. I've got mine to work, finally ! Check my post @ http://www.isaserver.org/ubb/Forum2/HTML/001189.html

See if this helps - another tip, as a test turn on "Log packets from allow filters". This will record your newly created allow filter rules working (or not).

Peter

Hi,

In the meantime, I've solved the problem. At least for the configuration that I have. I have a DHCP server and there, in the Scope options I've changed the Default Gateway's adress, from the real one (the router that connects to the T1 line) to the Internal Network Card on my ISA server. Now all the DHCP clients get this configuration along with their lease address, and I CAN PING outside the firewall.

I hope this will help you too.

(in reply to Lions128)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> General >> PING through ISA Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts