• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

ISA questions from an ISA newbie

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> General >> ISA questions from an ISA newbie Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ISA questions from an ISA newbie - 24.Oct.2001 10:58:00 PM   
abeeber

Hi,
I have a new stand alone ISA server installation and have a few questions.

1. When I look at the active sessions on the ISA server, I do not see a domain user name specificed. Instead I just see anonymous. What do I need to do in order to see user accounts listed in the open sessions.

2. I am getting alot of port scan alerts. Is this normal? Also, I have another firewall device on the outside of my network that is also getting port scan alerts. I am noticing that the alerts of both firewalls are listing different destination addresses. Is this normal? I would have thought that you would have gotton the same destination address for both firewalls.

3. If I want to add ISA to the active directory, can I either re-install on top of the existing installation or do I have to rebuild the machine from scratch?

Thanks in advance for any ideas or suggestions.

Andrew

Post #: 1
RE: ISA questions from an ISA newbie - 25.Oct.2001 6:06:00 AM   
tshinder

Hi Andrew,

1. Configure the client as a Firewall and Web Proxy client and then configure Site and Content and Protocol Rules that force authentication for outbound access.

2. Its normal to get a lot of alerts if you're getting scanned a lot Check the configuration setting to see if they are set too low. There are a good number of false positives.

3. You can promote a stand-alone server to an Enterprise array.

HTH,
Tom

------------------
http://www.isaserver.org/shinder/

Get It Here!

(in reply to abeeber)
Post #: 2
RE: ISA questions from an ISA newbie - 26.Oct.2001 12:39:00 AM   
abeeber

Tom,
Thanks again for the help. Question though. Can you use authentication with supernat clients. ie clients that do not have the firewall software installed, so users' usernames appear on the sessions section on the isa server?

Or must I install the firewall software in order to see users using the isa server?

Andrew

(in reply to abeeber)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> General >> ISA questions from an ISA newbie Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts