• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Outlook on ISA Server - HELP!

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> General >> Outlook on ISA Server - HELP! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Outlook on ISA Server - HELP! - 6.Nov.2001 4:18:00 PM   
schnee

Hello all,

I have been pulling my hair out with trying to get Outlook 2000 (POP/SMTP) to work correctly on my ISA Server machine. The ISA Server machine is also a DC running AD. My DNS seems to work correctly when I already have the server dialed up into my ISP. However, it will not demand dial to use ISP as a forwarder. Also, I have my Outlook 2000 set to use the LAN connection. Is this right? I would expect OL to use the ISA server over the LAN to demand dial the ISP, but it is not working that way. As I mentioned, when I predial the ISP all works fine. Is there any article or write-up that specifically discusses how to set this up including the correct packet filters, etc. I already checked the ISA docs and it talks about the packet filters to set up but this was only for Outlook Express which did not work either! Tom, does your book discuss this setup?

Please help,

-Rick

Post #: 1
RE: Outlook on ISA Server - HELP! - 8.Nov.2001 9:04:00 AM   
tshinder

Hi Rick,

IIRC, I did talk about how to do this, but only within the context of creating packet filters to support service and applications on the ISA Server itself.

I have never thought about running O2k on the ISA Server, although I have used OE on the ISA Server for testing purposes.

Just create packet filters to allow outbound access to TCP port 25 and 110.

HTH,
Tom

------------------
http://www.isaserver.org/shinder/

Get It Here!

(in reply to schnee)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> General >> Outlook on ISA Server - HELP! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts