• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Sporadic AIM disconnection issue

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> General >> Sporadic AIM disconnection issue Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Sporadic AIM disconnection issue - 5.Dec.2001 5:18:00 PM   
abeeber

Hi Tom,
Another new issue. My company uses the AOL Instant Messenger Client. Since we have deployed ISA and the firewall client; we have been noticing strange connection related problems.

Some computers running the firewall client can connect on some days and can not connect on others. Some are continuously re-connecting through out the day.

On a supernat that has the aol protocol enabled, the user connects fine one day but can not connect the next.

This is a hot priority for me, as we use it internally to communicate. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

FYI. I do not have the H.323 component installed, and I have the H.323 filter disabled.

Andrew

Post #: 1
RE: Sporadic AIM disconnection issue - 5.Dec.2001 6:32:00 PM   
abeeber

Tom,
Not sure if this is my answer, but it seems that my internal dns servers were not forwarding properely. I configured them to forward, and tested nslookup on a supernat configuration. I was able to resolve login.oscar.aol.com to an ip address. Once that happened aol's AIM connected.

My question is that on the isa server, should I have local and external dns entries; or should I have only external dns entries for the external interface. If I read your book correctly, adding my local domain in the LDT means I dont need to have local dns entries on the local interface.

If I am in error, please advise.

Thanks.

Andrew

(in reply to abeeber)
Post #: 2
RE: Sporadic AIM disconnection issue - 5.Dec.2001 6:34:00 PM   
abeeber

Tom,
Not sure if this is my answer, but it seems that my internal dns servers were not forwarding properely. I configured them to forward, and tested nslookup on a supernat configuration. I was able to resolve login.oscar.aol.com to an ip address. Once that happened aol's AIM connected.

My question is that on the isa server, should I have local and external dns entries; or should I have only external dns entries for the external interface. If I read your book correctly, adding my local domain in the LDT means I dont need to have local dns entries on the local interface.

If I am in error, please advise.

Thanks.

Andrew

(in reply to abeeber)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> General >> Sporadic AIM disconnection issue Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts