• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

windows load balancing and isa server

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> General >> windows load balancing and isa server Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
windows load balancing and isa server - 24.Jan.2002 9:25:00 PM   
figme

I created an array then turned on load balancing. Followed ms's instructions on technet for ISA server http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/TechNet/prodtechnol/isa/proddocs/isadocs/CMT_NLBFault.asp
not using secure NAT. So the load balancing is on I can ping the ip of the cluster virtual server but cannot get isa client to see the Virtual server. When I look at the array properties it shows that each isa server cannot see the other one. when i try to use the virtual server in the client setup it brings back error that it cannot find the isa server. Anyone else had soemthing like this
Post #: 1
RE: windows load balancing and isa server - 24.Jan.2002 9:29:00 PM   
figme

sorry about the duplicates

(in reply to figme)
Post #: 2
RE: windows load balancing and isa server - 26.Jan.2002 1:22:00 AM   
marcus2v

Figme,

Are you using the IP address in the isa client or the dns name? If using DNS name can you ping the cluster by name (u mentioned it worked using IP address). Bear in mind that the cluster will need a manual entry into DNS (unless you are using DDNS).

Also how have you set up the cluster? If you have a single NIC in each of the ISA servers then you must use multicast for them to see each other, if you use unicast then only machines outside the cluster will be able to ping the individual ISA servers.

HTH
Marcus

(in reply to figme)
Post #: 3
RE: windows load balancing and isa server - 29.Jan.2002 9:56:00 PM   
figme

Servers have two cards one on the internal network and one on the external network

(in reply to figme)
Post #: 4
RE: windows load balancing and isa server - 29.Jan.2002 11:48:00 PM   
marcus2v

quote:
Originally posted by figme:
Servers have two cards one on the internal network and one on the external network

You need to setup the NLB in multicast mode so that the 2 nodes of the cluster can actually see each other. Easy to do .. tick the "multicast" box under NLB properties.

Marcus

(in reply to figme)
Post #: 5
RE: windows load balancing and isa server - 29.Jan.2002 11:51:00 PM   
marcus2v

quote:
Originally posted by figme:

You need to setup the NLB in multicast mode so that the 2 nodes of the cluster can actually see each other. Easy to do .. tick the "multicast" box under NLB properties.

Also remove any other port rules and set a port rule up for multiple host with affinity set to none, this way the load balancing wont be done on a "per session" basis (i.e. one node will always service one particular IP address until the computer with the IP address is rebooted).

HTH
Marcus

if u need anymore help then drop me an e-mail to tooveymn@halcrow.com

Marcus

(in reply to figme)
Post #: 6

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> General >> windows load balancing and isa server Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts