• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

How to block Kazaa, Morpheus, WinMx, etc

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> General >> How to block Kazaa, Morpheus, WinMx, etc Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How to block Kazaa, Morpheus, WinMx, etc - 2.Apr.2002 8:10:00 PM   
arman_bokhari

How do i block the softwares like Kazaa, Morpheus, WinMx, etc.

Please somebody help me out in this.

regards

Arman
Post #: 1
RE: How to block Kazaa, Morpheus, WinMx, etc - 2.Apr.2002 8:24:00 PM   
font1975

Arman,

I'd create a protocol rule, under Access Policy, just allowing what you want to go to the Internet. For example, create a rule just allowing HTTP (web), FTP, DNS, and whatever else you may need.

This will pretty much stop Kaza and the like from working. Judging by the posts I see hear, it's generally getting them TO work that is the problem [Wink]

-Mark

[ April 02, 2002, 08:25 PM: Message edited by: font1975 ]

(in reply to arman_bokhari)
Post #: 2
RE: How to block Kazaa, Morpheus, WinMx, etc - 3.Apr.2002 6:07:00 AM   
arman_bokhari

quote:
Originally posted by font1975:
Arman,

I'd create a protocol rule, under Access Policy, just allowing what you want to go to the Internet. For example, create a rule just allowing HTTP (web), FTP, DNS, and whatever else you may need.

This will pretty much stop Kaza and the like from working. Judging by the posts I see hear, it's generally getting them TO work that is the problem [Wink]

-Mark

Already done it, but it is not stopping these softwares.

Arman

Post #: 3
RE: How to block Kazaa, Morpheus, WinMx, etc - 21.Apr.2002 2:09:00 AM   
mikewheatie

If the clients are able to access these services, then you may have a protocol rule allowing everything through. By default, nothing can get in or out. I suggest you remove the protocol rule allowing all, and only open specific ports that are necessary for client/server operations.

_M

Post #: 4
RE: How to block Kazaa, Morpheus, WinMx, etc - 21.Apr.2002 7:25:00 PM   
zamirl

All those applications use specific ports for communication which, as far as I know are not open by deafult.
Find out which ports are in use by those application, and make sure there are no protocol definitions for use with those ports.
You can also configure protocol rules that specificly allow some ports, and require authentication for those ports access, so you will have to use the firewall client.
This means that your ISA should be installed in a firewall mode or cache/firewall integrated mode.

Post #: 5
RE: How to block Kazaa, Morpheus, WinMx, etc - 23.Apr.2002 11:29:00 PM   
jgisler

if your using the firewall client disable the program from there also. Create a new rule, Name of the .exe & disable = 1

Make sure you keep an eye on the logs to see if they are renaming the programs. I block everything here & have no problems. I review my logs constantly though & add IP's or domains as needed to block.

Post #: 6

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> General >> How to block Kazaa, Morpheus, WinMx, etc Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts