• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

horrible SSL Problem

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> General >> horrible SSL Problem Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
horrible SSL Problem - 17.Apr.2002 9:46:00 PM   
invinceble13

Hi to all
I just need some help over here.
We have an application that connects to a site on the internet through port 443. It is on an application that is on 1 of our servers which is a SecureNat. For some weird reason, we cant have that application connect to that ip address. It is weird since we can connect to their ports fine with no problem. Am i missing somthing over here?
lets say that it is ISA itself. Is there anyway i can specifically route port 443 to that single computer? have it just listen to that port and route it their?

Thanks again

vince
Post #: 1
RE: horrible SSL Problem - 18.Apr.2002 6:00:00 AM   
tshinder

Hi Vince,

Is this an inbound or outbound access problem?

Thanks!

Tom

(in reply to invinceble13)
Post #: 2
RE: horrible SSL Problem - 18.Apr.2002 7:15:00 AM   
invinceble13

Its is an outbound. the app cant seem to send anything out through that port

Vince

Post #: 3
RE: horrible SSL Problem - 23.Apr.2002 11:23:00 PM   
leon_guerrero

I'm having the exact same problem! I know its ISA because if I bypass the ISA server I can send out okay throught the application. I use netstat and can see that the application is connecting to 216.86.138.93:443

Please Help!

Post #: 4
RE: horrible SSL Problem - 23.Apr.2002 11:47:00 PM   
invinceble13

great news leon_guerrero
we figured out what was wrong. Our application calls this dll and when that dll needs to pass it to the internet it would error out. We did everything securenat on that server, we connected to the remote 443 port and we even tried installing firewallclient in a desperate measure. But you know what we figuered out was wrong? The server where the application is running is sombody elses work pc. When they surf they pass through the firewall as webproxy. For us in our situation we took out the entry of secure internet. You know when you go to tools, internet options, connections, lan setting, advanced...theres an entry for secure. We deleted that entry ran it again and whoa it worked! Hopefully the same will go for you. (I am sorry for writing such a long response but I am so happy in making in run!)
Good Luck

vince

Post #: 5
RE: horrible SSL Problem - 24.Apr.2002 1:58:00 AM   
jgisler

you should only have HTTP & port setup in the Internet Explorer settings. Everything else should be blank.

Post #: 6
RE: horrible SSL Problem - 27.Apr.2002 12:40:00 AM   
leon_guerrero

Okay this is how I solved the problem. I don't know if this is the best way, but at least it works. I had to change the HTTP Redirector Filter Properties from 'Reject HTTP request from Firewall and SecureNAT clients' to 'Redirect to local Web Proxy Service' and now the application transmits data thru the Internet fine. I don't know why since I'm an ISA novice. But I'm happy it works and the department is off my back! Thanks for the help guys! I appreciate it!

Post #: 7
RE: horrible SSL Problem - 27.Apr.2002 11:46:00 AM   
spouseele

Hi leon_guerrero,

it sounds like the application is *not* proxy aware. In that case the HTTP redirector will determine how the request is handled. Check out http://www.isaserver.org/pages/tutorials/configuring_http_redirector.htm for more info.

HTH,
Stefaan

Post #: 8
RE: horrible SSL Problem - 28.Apr.2002 3:11:00 AM   
invinceble13

Guess what...for some weird reason my application failed and when i took a look at the event logs of isa it said that port 443 was bound to somthing else. For some strange reason iis was started. well i turned that off and it is still not working for me. It worked yesterday and all of the sudden today it stopped working. leon, my http redirector by default was set to
"Redirect to local Web Proxy " and it still didnt work. Were trying somthing out right now and hopefully it will work. My other question is I will also be housing a website on this server with ssl also. Do i just configure the listners for each one? or do i do somthing special?

Thanks

Vince

Post #: 9

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> General >> horrible SSL Problem Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts