From: Norwell, MA, USA
Hi everyone, I have a weird problem. I have a fairly liberal access rules policy (allow all outbound access). However, I wanted to deny access to a streaming media site (media.mediaxtranet.net). So I created a destination set to that site (in my testing I tried both domain name ie *.mediaxtranet.net and IP address and IP address range). When I enable it the rule works. Users who are streaming from that site get disconnected.
HOWEVER, and here is my problem. My DBA has a job that connects to a sql server to pull data from this data service. When my deny rule to mediaxtranet.net is enabled. This job fails. The sql server is on a different domain and IP address.
Also I have tried deny only audio traffic to the mediaxtranet.net site and still sql connect gets blocked.