• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

how to open in bound ports

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> General >> how to open in bound ports Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
how to open in bound ports - 24.Apr.2002 12:07:00 AM   
abeeber

Hi everyone,
Here is a quick question. I have some apps that have protocols defined and I have a access rule that allows all ip traffic to all destinations.

However, I notice that my packet filter logs have alot of UDP packets being dropped from external interface of the ISA server. The destination is from legitimate hosts which support the protocols defined in the protocol rules.

So how do all this traffic in.. Do I add the blocked protocol and port as a defined protocol in protocol definitions; or do I have to publish a server; or do I need to setup a packet filter?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Andrew
Post #: 1
RE: how to open in bound ports - 24.Apr.2002 12:11:00 AM   
tshinder

Hi Andrew,

You can't let all packets in. If you need that, remove ISA Server and use the machine as a router. You have to explicitly state what packets you want to allow inbound, and to which machine via publishing rules.

HTH,
Tom

(in reply to abeeber)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> General >> how to open in bound ports Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts