• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

will isa time out when using ie?

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> General >> will isa time out when using ie? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
will isa time out when using ie? - 5.Aug.2002 9:37:00 PM   
whoerner

Does anyone know whether isa will time out when using ie? My situation is that I have a web based e-mail system with a list of about 700 people. When I try sending an e-mail to that list, ie just stops and finally says page not found, but is supposed to go to a page that tells me the e-mail was sent successfully. The e-mail system is a custom system written by someone else and hosted on a server outside my own network. I have ie setup with the proxy settings pointing to the internal interface of isa.

Thanks,

Wynn
Post #: 1
RE: will isa time out when using ie? - 6.Aug.2002 2:32:00 PM   
lemonwater925

What could be happening is the app on the remote side has rec'd your request but, takes more than 120 seconds (as defined on ISA) to respond. At that point the ISA server drops your session.

Solutions would be to have the remote side add a keepalive to maintain the session or (yipes) increase your timeout. This could have significant implications on your performance of ISA as dead connections are maintained longer.

We had a couple of apps that sent a request and the reports took over 5 minutes to generate. Secure session so it got dropped. The app had nowhere to send the report back. Eventually, had to allow a proxy bypass on this one as increasing the ISA timeout to 5 minutes would have impacted all the other users.

Run netmon to check it out.

(in reply to whoerner)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> General >> will isa time out when using ie? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts