• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Disabling NetBios over TCPIP on ISA Server

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> General >> Disabling NetBios over TCPIP on ISA Server Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Disabling NetBios over TCPIP on ISA Server - 19.Sep.2002 10:19:00 PM   
faisy

When I disabled the Nebios over TCPip under Lan settings (TCPIP properies > Advanced > WINS) then the clients were not able to update the Firewall client. After enabling it, then were successful.

I've two stand alone installations of ISA running on my network. Users need to switch between the two. Tell me is there a way around that I can disable Netbios over TCPIP in LAN adopter settings.
Post #: 1
RE: Disabling NetBios over TCPIP on ISA Server - 19.Sep.2002 10:44:00 PM   
whisperedlies

yes, you can disable NetBIOS over TCPIP manually by opening the Advanced Properties on the TCP/IP protocol on the desired adapter and going to the WINS tab. Towards the botton, the middle radio button will disable NetBIOS over TCP/IP

(in reply to faisy)
Post #: 2
RE: Disabling NetBios over TCPIP on ISA Server - 19.Sep.2002 10:48:00 PM   
samuelss

Hi FastNfurious,

May be this will help.

Start > Settings > Network and Dial Up Connections > Advanced > Advanced Settings > Under Adapters and Bindings, make sure, under connections select your external interface card of your ISA card. Under Bindings, unchecked all ticks for file and printer and client for Microsoft (including subs).

Please make sure that for the internal card, all boxes are checked.

Hope this helps.

Sam.

(in reply to faisy)
Post #: 3
RE: Disabling NetBios over TCPIP on ISA Server - 19.Sep.2002 10:58:00 PM   
whisperedlies

i just realized the original post's description of the problem, and the asked question where mutually exclusive. so scratch my last post. i'm not sure exactly what is wanted.

(in reply to faisy)
Post #: 4
RE: Disabling NetBios over TCPIP on ISA Server - 20.Sep.2002 10:09:00 PM   
faisy

quote:
Originally posted by samuelss:
Hi FastNfurious,

May be this will help.

Start > Settings > Network and Dial Up Connections > Advanced > Advanced Settings > Under Adapters and Bindings, make sure, under connections select your external interface card of your ISA card. Under Bindings, unchecked all ticks for file and printer and client for Microsoft (including subs).

Please make sure that for the internal card, all boxes are checked.

Hope this helps.

Sam.

Please read my posst again. I know how & from where to enable or disable Netbios over TCPIP. It is disabled on my dialup modem. But when I try to disable it on LAN adopter then the problem comes. Read my post again.

(in reply to faisy)
Post #: 5
RE: Disabling NetBios over TCPIP on ISA Server - 21.Sep.2002 6:48:00 AM   
tshinder

Hi FNF,

Actually, its just the NetBIOS dependent clients. Win2k/XP/2003 clients can use direct hosting to access the share on the ISA Server.

HTH,
Tom

(in reply to faisy)
Post #: 6
RE: Disabling NetBios over TCPIP on ISA Server - 21.Sep.2002 1:41:00 PM   
faisy

quote:
Originally posted by tshinder:
Hi FNF,

Actually, its just the NetBIOS dependent clients. Win2k/XP/2003 clients can use direct hosting to access the share on the ISA Server.

HTH,
Tom

But even XP client PC wasn't able to update its Firewall client.

(in reply to faisy)
Post #: 7
RE: Disabling NetBios over TCPIP on ISA Server - 21.Sep.2002 4:12:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi FNF,

That's interesting, because I ran into this problem once, where the Win98 clients couldn't connect with the Firewall client, but the Win2k and WinXP clients could. Tool a while to figure out, but the problem was that NetBT that been disabled on the internal interface. The Win2k/XP clients didn't have a problem because they can use DNS and Direct Hosting, but the Win98 couldn't and so they couldn't connect to download the updates.

HTH,
Tom

(in reply to faisy)
Post #: 8

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> General >> Disabling NetBios over TCPIP on ISA Server Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts