HTTP access issue for sites requiring user name & password (Full Version)

All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> General

Guest -> HTTP access issue for sites requiring user name & password (10.Oct.2002 12:37:00 AM)

ktkannan@yahoo.com I am experiencing a problem with my ISA setup and may be some one can help. The ISA servers are running in Integrated mode. I am using PCs with following config - IE 5.50.4807.2300CO 128 bit SP2 with Q323759 & IE 6.0.2600.0000 128 bit with SP1. With this set up I am able to access a website via Proxy 2.0 server. It pops-up with the "Enter Network Password" dialogue for the website with the following information. Site Name & Realm --- pointing to the FQDN site address of the site and User Name & password fields with the option to save the password in the password list. I keyed in and clicked to save the password. Everything works great and brings me the page with all images.

Here is the problem. If I use the same PCs to access the same site but via ISA 2.0 server running with SP1, It keeps on prompting for user name and password for the website. But at the end after retyping 15-20 times, the page shows up half loaded and the images are missing. While I keyed in the credentials, I have also clicked the option to save the password to the password list file, but it appears it is neither saving nor using it. Also to notice, I am getting the pop-up with three fields "User Name, Password & Domain". The ISA & Proxy servers are not linked as a chain. They operate independtly. I am thinking this may be something to do with ISA servers or configs and not the client PCs since I am able to access the same site with same configuration via Proxy 2.0. If you can think of any thing, please let me know. Your help is greatly appreciated.

spouseele -> RE: HTTP access issue for sites requiring user name & password (10.Oct.2002 11:50:00 PM)

Hi Kannan,

I assume the clients are setup as Web proxy clients.

If you are using destination sets to restrict outbound access, check out http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;q297324&id=Q297324

HTH,
Stefaan

Page: [1]