• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Using NO Authentication for certain clients

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> General >> Using NO Authentication for certain clients Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Using NO Authentication for certain clients - 10.Oct.2002 5:29:00 PM   
unkyjoe

Here is what I am trying to do, I have two devices that need to connect directly to the internet via a couple of specific ports, namely port 80 and the network time port. These devices have hardcoded IP's set on them, but they have no way of authenticating to the proxy server. Is it possible to setup a rule allowing acccess to the internet for these units, bypassing the proxy authentication?? Any help is appreciated.

The only settings these units have are the following. IP Address, Subnet Mask, Default Gateway. For the gateway I am assuming I would use the ip address of the Proxy Server?
Post #: 1
RE: Using NO Authentication for certain clients - 10.Oct.2002 6:10:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi unkyjoe,

If they need to go through the Web Proxy service, you'll need to remove the force authenticaiton option on the Outgoing Web Request listener and then allow them access via a client address set.

HTH,
Tom

(in reply to unkyjoe)
Post #: 2
RE: Using NO Authentication for certain clients - 10.Oct.2002 7:28:00 PM   
unkyjoe

If I do this, will it still require authentication for other clients on the network, or will it allow all clients unlimited access?

Let me clarify, I am using this in a test setup in my lab, so allowing all clients unlimited access the the net is not a problem. These units that need to connect directly to the internet are Tivo units with network cards in them that have no way to use authentication, they are on this network as well. They simply go out via the default gateway, lets say 192.168.0.1 is our ISA server, actually 2000SBS Server. Will they then be able to bypass the proxy and go directly to the net?

I connect to the internet using SAT internet, this device is USB so I either have to use ICS or ISA to give multiple units acccess to the net. ICS works great, but is not as secure or flexible as ISA. This is why the change is needed, I am just trying to figure out how to do both.

If you need more information, please let me know.

Thanks

(in reply to unkyjoe)
Post #: 3
RE: Using NO Authentication for certain clients - 10.Oct.2002 9:24:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi Joe,

You can create a client address set for the Tivo units.

As for the satellite, I don't know how that works with ISA Server. If you're getting it to work, maybe you can write up an article on it and share the info with other ISAserver.org members.

Thanks!
Tom

(in reply to unkyjoe)
Post #: 4
RE: Using NO Authentication for certain clients - 10.Oct.2002 10:53:00 PM   
unkyjoe

I would be happy to write up something for the board, yes it does work very well. I am using Direcway 2 Way Sat and it works great.

Pardon my ignorance on ISA server, I have at most set it up out of the box and gotten it to work, and I am currently following your excellent write-ups on securing it, and setting it up properly so I have not gotten to creating client address sets. A brief synopsis would be appreciated.

I am assuming this set would contain the addresses of the TIVO's and something in this set would instruct the ISA server to simply send the requests to the web instead of filtering them, yes?

Again many thanks, I will put together something on setting up the ISA server with SAT connections as soon as I have everything working well and send it to you for posting.

Thanks Again

(in reply to unkyjoe)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> General >> Using NO Authentication for certain clients Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts