• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Problem with FirewallClient!

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> General >> Problem with FirewallClient! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Problem with FirewallClient! - 22.Nov.2002 9:26:00 PM   
junior_jj

Hello, my problem is very rare, each time that i install the FirewallClient, the computer lose the connection with my locals servers,like Exchange or external services like SMTP/POP3. But if i install the proxy client the one that come with Proxy 2.0 the problem disappears and everything work fine. Please i need to find the solution to this problem.
Thank's...
Post #: 1
RE: Problem with FirewallClient! - 22.Nov.2002 9:42:00 PM   
spouseele

Hi Junior,

are you sure your LAT (Local Address Table) is properly configured on the ISA server? The LAT should be populated with all your internal IPs, nothing more, nothing less.

Before installing the Firewall client, did you uninstall completely the old Proxy 2.0 client? Also, what happens on a host where the old Proxy 2.0 client was never installed?

BTW --- have you already run the Chkwsp32.exe utility? For more info, check out http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q284523

HTH,
Stefaan

[ November 22, 2002, 09:48 PM: Message edited by: spouseele ]

(in reply to junior_jj)
Post #: 2
RE: Problem with FirewallClient! - 25.Nov.2002 4:19:00 PM   
junior_jj

Hello, i has been checking those steps, but guess what, everything look good. Actually i have a WAN my ISA server is located in a subred, a have a Gateway to interconnet the others subreds to the one where i have the ISA server. Actually my ISA server have two NIC, the internal one and the external one. In the internal one i have configure my Gateway... And the external one have all the necessary parameters like ISP DNS and so ready configure. I don't know why this occur. If you need more information just let me know.

Thank you.

(in reply to junior_jj)
Post #: 3
RE: Problem with FirewallClient! - 25.Nov.2002 9:19:00 PM   
spouseele

Hi Junior,

ISA rule number 1: you can have only ONE default gateway and this must be set on the EXTERNAL interface.

Check out:
- http://www.isaserver.org/tutorials/Configuring_ISA_Server_Interface_Settings.html
- http://www.isaserver.org/tutorials/Designing_An_ISA_Server_Solution_on_a_Complex_Network.html

HTH,
Stefaan

(in reply to junior_jj)
Post #: 4
RE: Problem with FirewallClient! - 26.Nov.2002 6:52:00 PM   
junior_jj

Hello Stefaan, i have read the article that you give to me, but one of those articles has an continue, can you tell me where can i find it. The article is the one that speak about "Configure ISA Server Interface Settings"

Thank's a lot.

(in reply to junior_jj)
Post #: 5
RE: Problem with FirewallClient! - 26.Nov.2002 10:52:00 PM   
spouseele

Hi Junior,

as far as I know there is no follow up article. The first article learns you how to configure the ISA interfaces. The second one tells you what you have to do if your internal network has more then one subnet.

If I understand your problem well, you need to:
1) remove the default gateway on the ISA internal interface.
2) set the corret default gateway on the ISA external interface.
3) add the necessary static persistent routes on the ISA server for not directly connected internal subnets.
4) double check your LAT so it contains only all the internal IPs.

HTH,
Stefaan

(in reply to junior_jj)
Post #: 6
RE: Problem with FirewallClient! - 30.Nov.2002 1:40:00 PM   
junior_jj

Thank you! I have one more question, what i have to put in the LDT container?

(in reply to junior_jj)
Post #: 7

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> General >> Problem with FirewallClient! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts