• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

SMTP Service at Server

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> General >> SMTP Service at Server Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
SMTP Service at Server - 23.Dec.2002 9:06:00 AM   
Qu1ckS1lver

Dear tschinder,

I am facing a problem in setting up a centralised e-mail account at Server. Currently we are using 2 NIC, 1 is for LAN and the other one is for Internet.
My office is planning to use Microsoft Exchange to distribute all the mails to all our internal staffs.
The actual situation is like this:
We are using Internet Service Provider mailserver to host our mailbox, and we want to set up the SMTP server (IIS) at server which will be acting as a collector all the mails (we have 3 different companies at the same building which are connecting to each other by using 1 server only), and this SMTP (IIS) will transfer all the mails to the Exchange server and Exchange server will distribute all the mails to the respective recipient. We are using Outlook Express. I've created one account at server's Outlook express which will be acting as a central account to collect all the mails, but then whenever I try to send and receive all the mail from the server, it will prompt me this error messages:

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'Platinum', Server: 'smtp.maxis.net.my', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10065, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'Platinum', Server: 'mail.platinum.com.my', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10065, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

At first we installed the microsoft exchange at the same server as well but now I've already stopped all the service which have a relationship with Exchange. Even though I did stop all the services for the Exchange, it will give me the same error message.
So can you help me to solve this problem. Is that anything wrong with the setting of the port at ISA or any other possibilities that cause this things happen ??
Thanks a lot in advance for all your help and your attention.
Post #: 1
RE: SMTP Service at Server - 23.Dec.2002 4:23:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi Qu1ckS1lver,

Not sure what you're trying to accomplish here. Are you using ETRN with the ISP? If so, check out HOW TO: Use SMTP Connectors to Connect Routing Groups [Q319407]

Otherwise, if you have a dedicated connection to the Internet, you should host your own mail domains. If you don't have a dedicated connection, arrange for ETRN connections with your ISP and let them store your mail until you can download it to your SMTP server.

HTH,
Tom

(in reply to Qu1ckS1lver)
Post #: 2
RE: SMTP Service at Server - 24.Dec.2002 3:27:00 AM   
Qu1ckS1lver

Dear tshinder,

I am not too sure about ETRN but what we are having now, we do hosting our mail domain at our respective ISP. But we want to set up our virtual SMTP service which is hosted at our server to retrieve and coolect all the mails from our ISP's mail server into our own mail server and from our own mail server the microsoft exchange will distribute to our respective staffs' e-mail address.
Thanks !

Post #: 3
RE: SMTP Service at Server - 24.Dec.2002 4:51:00 AM   
tshinder

Hi Quick,

I've never used it, but from my understand and reading, TURN and ETRN are used to accomplish what you want, but you have to set that up with your ISP.

HTH,
Tom

Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> General >> SMTP Service at Server Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts