• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

High Availability Presentation

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> General >> High Availability Presentation Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
High Availability Presentation - 24.Feb.2003 8:06:00 PM   
tshinder

This thread is for discussion of the High Availability presentation at http://www.tacteam.net/isaserverorg/haisaserver/ha_isaserver2_files/frame.htm

Thanks!
Tom

[ February 24, 2003, 08:21 PM: Message edited by: tshinder ]
Post #: 1
RE: High Availability Presentation - 24.Feb.2003 8:39:00 PM   
joabe

We're using the RainWall product to do load balancing of an ISA array and it works great. We had a problem getting it to work at first but discovered that it was an ISA problem not a RainWall problem. Since we setup ISA as an array we had to configure the systems to stop the ISA services in the event of a network failure. After that everything was peaches and cream.

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 2
RE: High Availability Presentation - 24.Feb.2003 8:39:00 PM   
joabe

We're using the RainWall product to do load balancing of an ISA array and it works great. We had a problem getting it to work at first but discovered that it was an ISA problem not a RainWall problem. Since we setup ISA as an array we had to configure the systems to stop the ISA services in the event of a network failure. After that everything was peaches and cream.

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 3
RE: High Availability Presentation - 25.Feb.2003 4:12:00 AM   
tshinder

Hi joabe,

Great! I really like RainWall. The fail over is pretty fast and its a no brainer to setup. I've not had any problems with it yet, but I'll keep my fingers crossed [Big Grin]

Thanks!
Tom

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 4
RE: High Availability Presentation - 25.Feb.2003 7:51:00 PM   
frogman1370

Did I hear correctly from Joabe that you have to have the ISA servers in an array before implementing this product? Currently we are running a NT domain and all of our ISA servers are stand alone. We have two sites are using 2000 NLB but I would like to switch to RainWall. Does this present a road block? I saw on RainInfinity's site that it supports both Standard and Enterprise ISA editions or am I not understanding what an array is (needing Enterprise)?

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 5
RE: High Availability Presentation - 25.Feb.2003 9:03:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi Paul,

You don't need to create an array to take advantage of RainWall. That's one of the cool things about it! You can use your basic Win2k Server and make it a standalone or a member of a Win2k or NT domain, and it gives you the features of Win2k Advanced Server.

HTH,
Tom

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 6
RE: High Availability Presentation - 4.Mar.2003 12:21:00 AM   
leonardiw

There is a decent & cheaper alternative to rainconnect, it's a hardware base and it will cost you only for 320 USD (@ newegg store) not as expensive as rainconnect (which fall in 4000USD range and works only on particular NIC's)

http://www.nexland.com/turbo.cfm

Leonardi
esupportpro.com

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 7
RE: High Availability Presentation - 22.May2003 3:54:00 PM   
aquabubble

Hi Thomas,

I was interested in your following statements in your presentation relating to load balancing in Windows 2003:

quote:
  • Support symmetric routing (bi-directional affinity)
  • Must use ISA Server tool symmetric routing depends on ISA Server being installed

• I have searched high and low yet I haven't been able to find documentary evidence of this - I would like to read about it in more detail to see if it could solve my woes. Please could you point me in the right direction for some further reading?

Many thanks

(in reply to tshinder)
    Post #: 8
    RE: High Availability Presentation - 30.Aug.2004 8:22:00 AM   
    LenM

Interesting information regarding SteelEye Technology, makers of LifeKeeper. It's amazing how this company is still hustling, yet want customers to believe they're a reliable high availability system.

http://tam-ra.us/wos.php

Membership is free, but worth it. Sickened me to see investors just give away $20+ Million and watch it go down the drain. It all could have been avoided with an $8.00 credit check. Even more sick is the fraud still makes millions from deceit. The world we live in, I tell ya.

But scary is they're in the business of being a trustworthy source for your critical data.

(in reply to tshinder)
    Post #: 9
    RE: High Availability Presentation - 24.Jun.2005 7:03:00 AM   
    mlaubscher

Hi,

I am looking at load balancing for the following reasons we have a dedicated 128K least line plus a dial on demand router for ADSL 512K so now I am trying to route all my http/ftp traffic through the ADSL while my mail services est. stays on the stable least connection. The 128k is the current external interface on my ISA 2004 standard edition firewall running on windows server 2003 enterprise edition I also have a another 128k diginet line to our biggest client as a perimeter network. So load balancing seems to be the only option to get the ADSL dial up router added on the external interface for http/ftp traffic. The only problem is 4000 USD is a bit steep.
    Hope someone can help.

Am I right in saying that load balancing would be my only option in this scenario?

[ June 24, 2005, 07:11 AM: Message edited by: MornT Laubscher ]

(in reply to tshinder)
    Post #: 10

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
    All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> General >> High Availability Presentation Page: [1]
    Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts