• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

SMTP Header Question

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> General >> SMTP Header Question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
SMTP Header Question - 24.Jun.2003 10:16:00 PM   
Compton

Hi,

We have a MS Exchange 2000 server that forwards messages to a SurfControl email filter that then forwards the messages to our ISA server. Is there a rule of plugin that I can put on the ISA server that will change the header of outgoing SMTP message?

I ask this because if someone looks at the header of an email from us it shows that it came from MAIL.OurDomain.Local (ourdomain.local being our internal Windows 2000 domain) We want it to say that it came from MAIL.OurDomain.ORG so that it will match what the DNS MX record (Mail.ourdomain.org) at our ISP says.
The reason we want this is that many email filters will deny messages when MX Record doesn't = the HELO string in the header.

Any thoughts?

TIA,
Compton
Post #: 1
RE: SMTP Header Question - 24.Jun.2003 10:54:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi Compton,

ISA won't change SMTP header information.

HTH,
Tom

(in reply to Compton)
Post #: 2
RE: SMTP Header Question - 25.Jun.2003 1:47:00 AM   
AHIT

Here's a couple if links that may be of use in to you...

http://www.fawcette.com/dotnetmag/2003_05/magazine/columns/askpros/ - Change SMTP Header Information
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/ default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cdosys/html/_cdosys_smtp_nntp_transport_event_sinks_with_cdo.asp?frame=true

(in reply to Compton)
Post #: 3
RE: SMTP Header Question - 25.Jun.2003 3:17:00 AM   
tshinder

Hi Paul,

Good stuff!

Thanks!
Tom

(in reply to Compton)
Post #: 4
RE: SMTP Header Question - 25.Jun.2003 8:27:00 PM   
Compton

Thanks for the replies. My options look like they are to either use Clearswift's MailSweeper or to rebuild my email filter (since it is a Domain controller) create a ourdomain.org domain instead of .local like the rest of our computers and leave that computer as the only one in the domain.

(in reply to Compton)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> General >> SMTP Header Question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts