• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

RE: Discussion of Publishing OWA 2003 article

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> General >> RE: Discussion of Publishing OWA 2003 article Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Discussion of Publishing OWA 2003 article - 10.Feb.2004 1:59:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi Rynoster,

What are the details of your Web Publishing Rule and Incoming Web Requests listener config?

Thanks!
Tom

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 81
RE: Discussion of Publishing OWA 2003 article - 10.Feb.2004 3:09:00 PM   
Hi Tom

Thanx for the reply.
I set up the web publ. rule with the feature pack 1 owa role.

The scenario is this. We've got a webserver, which also has the ISA server loaded. It's Windows 2000, SP3, running IIS.

Then I've got a mail server, which also has IIS installed, for OWA obviously.

When plugged into the network I can surf www.domain.com/exchange, but not from external. I did notice something strange though, when I connect from the outside, after a while it change the www.domain.com to 192.168.1.2 and comes back with a error 504, gateway timeout.

Any ideas?

(in reply to tshinder)
  Post #: 82
RE: Discussion of Publishing OWA 2003 article - 10.Feb.2004 3:15:00 PM   
Sorry, forgot to give you the configs.

Set up my web pub rules just like the document says, but the filtering rules are different than yours. I can't create certificates on my mail server, doesn't give the option to send it directly to a certificate server.

There is already a certificate there for the existing website.

(in reply to tshinder)
  Post #: 83
RE: Discussion of Publishing OWA 2003 article - 25.Feb.2004 9:31:00 PM   
Dirky

Hi Tom, thanks for the article!
I've run in to one problem in section 4.
When I import the certificate in to ISA, it
does not show in the TRusted Cert list?! Viewing
the certificate on the ISA machine shows the red
cross and says it cannot be trusted.
One thing which I think may be casusing it, my ISA server is in its own domain with a one way trust from the domain with the IIS/Exchange server box.

Trying to access the http://server/exchange gives:
403 Forbidden - The page must be viewed over a secure (that is, Secure Sockets Layer (SSL)) channel. Contact the server administrator. (12211)
Internet Security and Acceleration Server

Which looks good? However going to https://server/exchange shows:
500 Internal Server Error - The certificate chain was issued by an authority that is not trusted. (-2146893019)

Any clues or pointers most welcome, oh yes I did try deleting the certificate and re-exporting and importing but to no avail.

Regards
Mike

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 84
RE: Discussion of Publishing OWA 2003 article - 25.Feb.2004 9:34:00 PM   
Dirky

Ahh, just got a bit further!
I imported the certificate direct in to the Trusted Cert list, it looks ok in there, however now I see:

500 Internal Server Error - The target principal name is incorrect. (-2146893022)

Hmm?

Mike

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 85
RE: Discussion of Publishing OWA 2003 article - 25.Feb.2004 10:57:00 PM   
Dirky

Aghhhhh, sorted it! It was the old split dns problem! Fixed it by setting a HOSTS file entry
for my external facing hostname on ISA to point to the internal IIS server which actually hosts
the website!

Info which helped me here:-

http://www.isaserver.org/tutorials/error505.html

Thanks Tom!

Mike

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 86
RE: Discussion of Publishing OWA 2003 article - 5.Mar.2004 1:26:00 AM   
dbotto

Hi Tom!

I'm having the same problem as murph123 have/had when I try to access OWA from external networks it loads all the objects from the OWA page but it hangs on "loading..." in every folders from the mailbox.
When I do it from internal network it works just fine.

Did you already know how to solve this problem?
I have the Destination Set with the FQDN, not the IP.

Thanks in advance!
Yours sincerely,
Diogo Botto

The Problem is solved already. We had a Web
filter configured on our ISA Server that was blocking this kind of traffic. It's working now!

Thanks anyway!

[ March 06, 2004, 11:33 AM: Message edited by: dbotto ]

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 87
RE: Discussion of Publishing OWA 2003 article - 19.Mar.2004 5:41:00 PM   
I am trying to follow the directions in your series of articles. I have gotten up to Part 4, Step 9, and I have a couple of problems/questions.

I have an Exchange 2003 front end server, and 2 clustered Exchange 2003 back-end servers. Prior to starting this process, I was able to use OWA.

The first problem that I have is that I can no longer connect to OWA internally. I am assuming this has to do with the certificate installed. I used the FQDN that external clients would be using when I created the certificate, but the internal name is different. I thought that you could possibly create multiple certificates (one for each name) on the server, but I cannot see a way to that--I can only modify or delete the certificate. Surely this can be accomplished, right?

The second problem is that Part 4, Step 9, substep 3, tells me that the IP address I choose must be the address that the FQDN resolves to. Well, this NIC is sitting in a DMZ, and the address to which it is configured will not be the same as the FQDN (it is NATed). Is there any way to make this work, or does the public interface of the ISA server *have* to be sitting directly on the internet? Perhaps something to do with the using a hosts file?

I appreciate the article, and I appreciate any assistance offered.

Bill Mayo

(in reply to tshinder)
  Post #: 88
RE: Discussion of Publishing OWA 2003 article - 19.Mar.2004 8:53:00 PM   
bemayo

As a follow up to this, we have more than one domain name. Is it possible to publish to make this work with more than one domain name? If so, what further steps would need to be taken?

quote:
Originally posted by <bemayo>:
I am trying to follow the directions in your series of articles. I have gotten up to Part 4, Step 9, and I have a couple of problems/questions.

I have an Exchange 2003 front end server, and 2 clustered Exchange 2003 back-end servers. Prior to starting this process, I was able to use OWA.

The first problem that I have is that I can no longer connect to OWA internally. I am assuming this has to do with the certificate installed. I used the FQDN that external clients would be using when I created the certificate, but the internal name is different. I thought that you could possibly create multiple certificates (one for each name) on the server, but I cannot see a way to that--I can only modify or delete the certificate. Surely this can be accomplished, right?

The second problem is that Part 4, Step 9, substep 3, tells me that the IP address I choose must be the address that the FQDN resolves to. Well, this NIC is sitting in a DMZ, and the address to which it is configured will not be the same as the FQDN (it is NATed). Is there any way to make this work, or does the public interface of the ISA server *have* to be sitting directly on the internet? Perhaps something to do with the using a hosts file?

I appreciate the article, and I appreciate any assistance offered.

Bill Mayo

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 89
RE: Discussion of Publishing OWA 2003 article - 30.Mar.2004 1:49:00 AM   
ninjakid

I followed all 5 steps and I can access OWA from all internal machines but can not get it to work from an external system. Any ideas of what can be causing the problem?
My system is as followed:
2003 server with exchange 2003
2003 server with ISA 2000
Mail server name is schickmail
Internet domain is webmail.schicktech.com
I created the security certificates as webmail.schicktech.com and used this name for all entries where the FQDN was asked for.

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 90
RE: Discussion of Publishing OWA 2003 article - 30.Mar.2004 7:25:00 PM   
ninjakid

DonĘt bother to answer my problem I got it fixed, I came to the conclusion that the problem is that my router was blocking the ssl port so after going into my cisco config I was able to confirm this so I made the change to allow the ssl port and all is working fine.

[ March 31, 2004, 12:06 AM: Message edited by: Jay Gellman ]

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 91
RE: Discussion of Publishing OWA 2003 article - 1.Apr.2004 6:59:00 PM   
I've followed the instructions in Dr. Shinder's 5-part "Publishing Exchange 2003 Outlook Web Access (OWA) with ISA Server 2000" articles - to the letter - but I can't access OWA from outside. The OWA server is working fine, including SSL, as I can access my mailbox from within the network with no problem. I can also access it from the ISA server with no problem, even by using the public URL (which is in the HOSTS file on the ISA server).

The ISA server is sitting in our DMZ, behind a Cisco PIX. Port 443 to the ISA server has been opened, but all attempts to connect result in timeouts.

Everything on the ISA server, configuration-wise, looks OK (to me), but I'm at a loss as to how to troubleshoot this problem. I have NO experience with ISA Server prior to this project, and this is its only use, so I'm free to modify the configuration to get this working.

Any tips or assistance would be greatly appreciated. [Confused]

(in reply to tshinder)
  Post #: 92
RE: Discussion of Publishing OWA 2003 article - 1.Apr.2004 9:02:00 PM   
billmontu

My questions after doing all steps from 1-5 how do i send pepole to a differnt webserver? I have 3 servers, 1 ISA 1 Domain 1 Webserver and no one can get to the website anymore. the ISA sends you to the Domain server with exchange and not the webserver. Computer 1 bill@computer1.us or montu@bis.midco.net

I would like some help from anyone that has run into this.

[ April 04, 2004, 02:20 AM: Message edited by: billmontu ]

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 93
RE: Discussion of Publishing OWA 2003 article - 26.Apr.2004 11:27:00 AM   
avfcmark

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone could help me on a problem I am having with OWA. I have set ISA up as in the guides but when I put my FQDN in internet explorer I get an `under construction` page, does anyone have any ideas?

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 94
RE: Discussion of Publishing OWA 2003 article - 26.Apr.2004 3:24:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi AV,

Remove the WWW service, or disable it, on the ISA firewall machine.

HTH,
Tom

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 95
RE: Discussion of Publishing OWA 2003 article - 28.Apr.2004 8:47:00 PM   
sharmas

quote:
Originally posted by Kippler:
Dr. Shinder,
Thanks for the great series of articles on ISA and OWA, they were instrumental in getting our system functioning correctly.

I did have one question for you in regard to file attachments through OWA. File attachments can be done fine internally through the OWA, but when done externally only attachments of 100k or less will work. If an attachment >100k is attempted, the attachment window simply goes white, and doesn't attach anything. Everything else in OWA is working fine except this.

Our setup is SBS 2003, with ISA Server 2000 SP1 and the feature pack installed as well.

Any help or ideas you would be able to provide would be appreciated.

Thanks for your time,
Kipp

Hi Tom,

Firstly I would like to say a real BIG Thank YOU for your great articles and books!

Unfortunately I am having exactly the same issue as Kippler. When users add an attachment that is bigger than 100KB, they get a blank web page.

Our setup is slightly different in that we don't use SBS. We have ISA Server 2000 (latest SP and FP), Exchange 2003, Windows 2003.

Searched MS site and got nothing! Any help you can give will be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,

SunDude ;-)

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 96
RE: Discussion of Publishing OWA 2003 article - 29.Apr.2004 1:28:00 AM   
tshinder

Hi Sundude,

Thanks!

Is URLScan installed on the OWA site or the ISA firewall?

Thanks!
Tom

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 97
RE: Discussion of Publishing OWA 2003 article - 29.Apr.2004 1:40:00 PM   
sharmas

Hi Tom,

Thanks for getting back to me!

I am pretty sure that we have not put URLSCAN on any of the boxes...but I will double check when I can VPN back into my client's server!

Regards,

SunDude ;-)

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 98
RE: Discussion of Publishing OWA 2003 article - 29.Apr.2004 10:11:00 PM   
dirickson

Great Article.
But I get two problems when I implement this:
1. Testing inside my network, some users can't login OWA, others can (probably security issues...);
2. Testing outside, I got this message from our ISA server: "12206 - proxy chain loop" rigth after the user log in;
Can you help me with this?
Regards,
Luiz

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 99
RE: Discussion of Publishing OWA 2003 article - 5.May2004 4:48:00 PM   
sharmas

Hi Tom,

Just had it double checked and we do not have URLSCAN installed on any of the boxes!

Been doing a lot of research and this is the only thing I have found:
http://www.experts-exchange.com/Web/Web_Languages/ASP/Q_20810397.html

So my current plan of action is to a) re-apply SP1 then if no joy
b) follow this Q article - http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=305835

Other than that I am totally stuck! Kippler if you are out there have you solved this problem?

Thanks,

The SunDude ;-)

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 100

Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >> << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> General >> RE: Discussion of Publishing OWA 2003 article Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts