• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

OWA and Exchange 5.5

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> Web Publishing >> OWA and Exchange 5.5 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
OWA and Exchange 5.5 - 28.Feb.2005 10:32:00 PM   
adabicee

I'm having troubles publishing our OWA 5.5 server. Has anyone done this successfully?
Post #: 1
RE: OWA and Exchange 5.5 - 1.Mar.2005 1:53:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi A,

No problem publishing OWA 5.5.

What have you done and what's not working?

Thanks!
Tom

(in reply to adabicee)
Post #: 2
RE: OWA and Exchange 5.5 - 1.Mar.2005 6:41:00 PM   
adabicee

Well, I tried to follow the guide. Had to do some stuff a little different like first exporting the IIS 4 key to IIS 6 and then exporting it to ISA. Then I basically went through the publish email server wizard. Set it to repond to owa.domain.com and forward to owa.domain.com and left it as forward original host header. Created a HOSTS entry for owa.domain.com. Created a listener, and this is where I sort of guessed. I changed the properties of the listener to Basic Authentication (since no FBA in 5.5). Now when you hit it you get the certificate and then a Page cannot be displayed (Explanation: There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be displayed.) error from the ISA server.

(in reply to adabicee)
Post #: 3
RE: OWA and Exchange 5.5 - 8.Mar.2005 7:06:00 PM   
adabicee

I am now getting Error Code: 500 Internal Server Error. The certificate chain was issued by an authority that is not trusted. (-2146893019). I'll see if I can find anything on this. Just keeping this up to date.

(in reply to adabicee)
Post #: 4
RE: OWA and Exchange 5.5 - 9.Mar.2005 1:12:00 AM   
adabicee

OK, sorry if anyone is reading this and I've led them down some crazy path. It's working now. My problem was the way that I exported the certificate from IIS 4's key manager. If you do it the way I did it, it doesn't bring the CA cert, so you can't add it to the ISA server Trusted Root CA. I had to go back to IIS 4.0 and open the certificate and then save it to file and include all paths. Then I imported it and added it to the Trusted Root CA. Everything is good now. Stupid Key Manager screwed me up.

(in reply to adabicee)
Post #: 5
RE: OWA and Exchange 5.5 - 9.Mar.2005 10:11:00 AM   
yossi

Hi,

I am new with ISA 2004.

What i would like to know is were i can find technical docs for implementing OWA 5.5 publishing via ISA 2004.

Is this functionality also support Form based authentication?

Generally in such implementation isthere any kind of patches that are required to be installed both on ISA and Exchnage in order to support such configuration?

Thanks

Yossi

(in reply to adabicee)
Post #: 6
RE: OWA and Exchange 5.5 - 9.Mar.2005 10:37:00 PM   
adabicee

just do a search for OWA on the homepage of this site, and read whatever doc applies to you. The Unihomed ISA one is the one that I used as my server had only 1 NIC. Just don't use the Key Manager to export your certificate. That's where I bombed. OWA 5.5 uses Basic Authentication over SSL, not Forms Based so I changed the SSL listener to Basic to reflect that. And I don't think that there are any specific patches out there. If you have OWA 5.5 it should already have a bunch of patches. Nothing that is required to make this work though.

(in reply to adabicee)
Post #: 7

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> Web Publishing >> OWA and Exchange 5.5 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts