• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

ISA Server Hanging?

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> General >> ISA Server Hanging? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ISA Server Hanging? - 6.Aug.2003 4:52:00 PM   
I have an ISA server running on my network which consists of an 800mhz duron and 768MB of ram. The problem is that once every few days, the machine just stops responding and I have to reboot. I checked to make sure all the hardware is functioning properly, and I also monitor the resources, which never go above 25% CPU usage and 500MB of ram. Has anyone else experienced anything like this?
  Post #: 1
RE: ISA Server Hanging? - 11.Aug.2003 1:01:00 PM   
HI there,

i have the same problem. Internal clients can't connect to the outside and the outside can't connect to published servers.
It seems to help if I stop the firewall service and the proxy service, then wait a few seconds and then restart them.
I'm also using RRAS for VPN inbound connection. When I disable RRAS, then ISA seems to run more stable. I'm still searching on the net for a definite solution.
BTW ISA server sp1 (with all the hotfixes and fp 1) and RRAS are on the same machine running Windows 2003.

(in reply to Guest)
  Post #: 2
RE: ISA Server Hanging? - 11.Aug.2003 9:44:00 PM   
BaanMan

Hello BEF Man,

I had the problem with an AMD-Machine that the whole machine stopt, - no go more - after some days.
The cause was I had expand my RAM with,I thought, the right RAM Modules. All dates of the RAM Modules where o.k., but there was a little difference in the architectur - don't ask me what it's long time ago - after I replace the new RAM Modules with the right one the Problem was away !
There is a tool from MS to check your memory, called " mtinst.exe " , try it.

Greetings BaanMan

(in reply to Guest)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> General >> ISA Server Hanging? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts