I have an ISA server running on my network which consists of an 800mhz duron and 768MB of ram. The problem is that once every few days, the machine just stops responding and I have to reboot. I checked to make sure all the hardware is functioning properly, and I also monitor the resources, which never go above 25% CPU usage and 500MB of ram. Has anyone else experienced anything like this?
i have the same problem. Internal clients can't connect to the outside and the outside can't connect to published servers. It seems to help if I stop the firewall service and the proxy service, then wait a few seconds and then restart them. I'm also using RRAS for VPN inbound connection. When I disable RRAS, then ISA seems to run more stable. I'm still searching on the net for a definite solution. BTW ISA server sp1 (with all the hotfixes and fp 1) and RRAS are on the same machine running Windows 2003.
I had the problem with an AMD-Machine that the whole machine stopt, - no go more - after some days. The cause was I had expand my RAM with,I thought, the right RAM Modules. All dates of the RAM Modules where o.k., but there was a little difference in the architectur - don't ask me what it's long time ago - after I replace the new RAM Modules with the right one the Problem was away ! There is a tool from MS to check your memory, called " mtinst.exe " , try it.