• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Problems with third-part wildcard SSL certificate

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> Web Publishing >> Problems with third-part wildcard SSL certificate Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Problems with third-part wildcard SSL certificate - 19.Oct.2005 9:22:00 AM   
toddler

Hello All,

I will be publishing multiple web sites behind our ISA 2004 firewall (Win2K/SP4 Server). Recently, I purchased a wildcard certificate from Digicert. They provided the wildcard certificate (*.<mydomain>.com), an Intermediate Certificate (Digicert), and a Trusted Root Certificate (GTE Cybertrust). All these certificates have been imported in the local machine store on the ISA firewall using the MMC snap-in.

I have reviewed the Tom's well-documented article on using wildcard SSLs, but I get the sense that article is geared towards configuration is an OWA/Exchange/IIS environment. I donĂt use Exchange or IIS server, although, one of the web sites I will eventually publish will us IIS 6.0.

For my first attempt, IĂm creating a new Web Listener for secure e-mail web access. Although, when I get to the screen where I select Enable SSL, I select the ŠSelectĂ button for the certificate and the system responds with a ˘There are no certificates configured on this server÷, even after I imported three certificates and rebooted my ISA box.

According to the article, I then have to create different certificates for ISA to web server SSL communications. Seems to me this defeats the purpose of the wildcard certificate.

So, I have a couple questions:

1. Does anyone know why IĂm getting the ˘no certificate÷ message when creating the new Web Listener and how to resolve the issue? I've researched this issue to no resolve.

2. Once issue #1 is resolved, what is the procedure for SSL Bridging using a third-party certificate vs. one generated in-house? Or, will I have to use SSL tunneling?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Todd
Post #: 1
RE: Problems with third-part wildcard SSL certificate - 21.Oct.2005 3:51:00 PM   
winoto

I remember I had the same problem when forgot to choose mark the key as exportable when I tried with trial cert.
I just bought wildcard from digicert but I don't know how where I have to send the CSR. Do you able to?

(in reply to toddler)
Post #: 2
RE: Problems with third-part wildcard SSL certificate - 21.Oct.2005 4:08:00 PM   
winoto

I didn't see if that tutorial is for in-house cert. I guess I have to ask my money back if I have to use *.mydomain.com for all servers.

(in reply to toddler)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> Web Publishing >> Problems with third-part wildcard SSL certificate Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts