• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

EVENT ID 14123 static packet filter problem

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> General >> EVENT ID 14123 static packet filter problem Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
EVENT ID 14123 static packet filter problem - 10.Sep.2003 1:14:00 PM   
sgstewart

Hi
I upgraded my ISA /2000 server to SP4, and I am now getting the following error:

EVENT ID 14123
Failed to create the Internet Protocol (IP) packet filter. For more information about this event, see ISA Server Help

As per Microsoft:
Explanation: A static packet filter could not be created. System configuration might be incorrect, and the service might have attempted to create the filter for an external remote host on an ISA Server internal interface, due to incorrect configuration for default routing. Otherwise, memory resources might be low.
User Action: For system configuration problems, check the Local Address Table (LAT) configuration, run ipconfig/all to check TCP/IP configuration, and run Route -Print to obtain a list of registered, persistent routes. To check the LAT, in the ISA Management console tree, click Servers and Arrays, click Name, click Network Configuration, and then click Local Address Table. For low memory resources, close other applications or stop and restart the services.

I have the following on my ISA server:

RRAS: presistant VPN to my web serverĘs with there IP address add as static ūp route
DNS, E2K, and web site published

LAT: address range of internal network only ą..10.xxx to 10.xxxx.254

Can any one see the problem?

ow the memory is fine: 1 gig and its on about 15%, i did notice thay my w3proxy gets very high resulting in a reboot to sort it out....

Thanks in advance
Post #: 1
RE: EVENT ID 14123 static packet filter problem - 11.Sep.2003 5:06:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi SHWG,

Are you having a lot of machine loopback back to access internal resources? Might also want to check for worm infestation on the internal network.

HTH,
Tom

(in reply to sgstewart)
Post #: 2
RE: EVENT ID 14123 static packet filter problem - 12.Sep.2003 1:38:00 PM   
sgstewart

there definatly no worms, loopback nope....

(in reply to sgstewart)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> General >> EVENT ID 14123 static packet filter problem Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts